Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'll Just Tell You About It . . .

I'll just tell you my little stories tonight, and post pics tomorrow. I took some pics today, but we didn't finish the wicker trunk, and I didn't get any pics of the other thing I want to tell you about.

I'm a big Freecyle and Craigslist fan. I check each of them every day to see what I can find! One day last week, I saw a listing on Freecycle for a wicker trunk. It was very shabby chic, but I loved it, and I was the first taker. I brought it home, and it has sat in my living room for a week, waiting for me to have a chance to do something with it. It needed a new coat of paint, and although I liked the fabric cover on the lid, no one else in my family did. In fact, no one really even liked the trunk. Wes called it a not-so-nice name, which really didn't set well with me. Yes, I got angry with him. After all, I like it, and I'm the one who wanted it. Well, we both got over that little tiff. I bought the spray paint yesterday, and today Wes painted it for me. Andrew and I took off the top fabric and found a nicer fabric underneath, which is green and will go better with our living room. But it's not a shade of green that suits Wes, so I'm going to get something else to put on it, but it's not a priority right now. So . . . all that to say it's still not finished yet - so no pictures yet! I want to store blankets in it, or maybe games. It depends on where I decide to put it in the new house. But for the move, the blankets and extra linens are going in it.

Second thing. Wes went yesterday to help a man with some work he had to do. Sometime during the day, Wes passed a glider rocker and ottoman. He stopped to look closer. There was nothing wrong with them except that the spindles on the left side of the rocker had come out. Some carpenter's glue and a clamp would fix that. The man asked Wes if he wanted the chair - Wes asked if her were throwing it away. The man said he didn't know how to fix it, but if Wes did, he could have it. Now, my man knows that I have wanted a glider rocker since before Samuel was born; he is now 18. He only pondered for a moment. Into the van went the rocker! He came in the door at home saying, "Look what I brought home for you!" I was thrilled!!! Today he borrowed a clamp from a friend of ours, and 30 minutes later, I was sitting in my new chair! It's in perfect condition, and it even matches our living room furniture.

So those are my two very material blessings this week. Not things I needed, but things the Lord (and Wes!) knew I'd like. I am so blessed!

I promise to get pictures tomorrow, even though the trunk isn't finished yet.

4 comments:

  1. God definitely sometimes gives us "hugs" in the form of material objects! :-)

    Can't wait to see the picttures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I love it when God provides our wants!

    I'll be watching for those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is sooo good to us. Can't wait now to see 2 pictures. The trunk and the rocker. What a sweet husband, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so wonderful! Like the other ladies, I eagerly await some pictures. (o:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin