Sunday, April 22, 2007

Countdown to the Move: Day 9

We're in the single-digit days now! Matter of fact, we are actually going to begin moving into the house on Thursday. Yes! This Thursday! We'll move boxes and clothes and that sort of thing on Thursday and the big furniture on Friday. Saturday we'll come back here to the townhouse to clean. Then we should be all moved in. That's a little before May 1, which Day 1 of my countdown, our goal to be completely moved in and setting up house.

Being as today was Sunday, I knew I wouldn't get a lot accomplished toward moving, but I did do these things:

- Cut the panels for the living room window sheers
- Pinned up and pressed the bottom hems for the sheers

Tomorrow I plan to sew the bottom hems and attempt to do the side hems and top casings. Sheers are simple to sew, but for large windows they are huge. It takes a lot of time to cut, pin, iron, and sew those things! I have 13 1/2 yards worth of sheers going on!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making some real progress on the move. I know you'll be glad when you get moved and then one day completely unpacked. I'm praying for strength for you Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you about your move! I can't wait to "see" your new curtains. Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got my non-essential kitchen stuff packed! Cant wait to see fotos of your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're busy, busy! Don't overdo it, now!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you found such a good deal on the sheer material. It is always a blessing to furnish and decorate our homes for less. You seem so organized about this move!!

    Take Care,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Susan! It's exciting to see how well this countdown is working for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin