Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Countdown to the Move: Day 21

Today was not as productive as I had wanted it to be, in any way. I didn't pay attention to my blood sugar this morning and had a pretty strong hypoglycemic episode. I was shaking so bad I couldn't hold on to my fork! LOL I forgot that I'd taken my medicine and eaten a low-carb breakfast, so I didn't eat a snack . . . it just snowballed. I don't know how low it got, but lows always wear me out, so I ended up taking a nap and just vegging out. I feel fine now.

I only did a few very simple things toward our move today:

- Took down pictures from upstairs rooms
- Removed nails from all the walls, upstairs and down
- Bought spray paint to paint a wicker trunk that I'm going to tell you about tomorrow, after Wes and I paint it! ;) It will be storage in our new house, so I'm going to pack what will be stored in it.
- Received notice and noted time of our final inspection on April 30th

9 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't feel well yesterday! I've been enjoying your countdown, and I am still so excited for you and your family's move!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your hypoglycemic episode. I have a friend who has had real problems with low blood sugar and has frequently had similar episodes. One thing she has found has really helped to level out her blood sugar is regular exercise -- she walks every day. The problem is not completely gone, but is vastly improved.

    I'm impressed that even though you didn't feel the greatest, you still took some baby steps toward your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace--it sure sounds like you did a lot:) I am sorry you weren't feeling well though, please be careful. I was giggling at your countdown--it looks like we both have an exciting countdown:)

    Julieann:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where have I been that I've missed the posts of your move??? I must be busier than I thought. LOL

    Sounds like you're getting some things done....in between your sugar lows. Daddy gets all loopy when his sugar drops. Talkin out of his head and everything. It must be a terrible feeling. Hope you feel better today.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of yourself. Cen't wait to see the trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling better today, ladies!

    Tammy, you'll have to come on up and see me next time you're up this way! ;)

    Mrs. T, I get some exercise almost every day. Exercise brings my sugar levels down, then the medicine brings it farther down, so when I forget to eat is when I get in trouble!

    Julieann, I promise you - your countdown is MUCH more exciting than mine! I'm watching eagerly for your new arrival!

    Kristi, where indeed have you been?! ;) I talk all loopy half the time anyway, so the sugar lows don't do that - LOL They just zap my energy.

    Penless - hopefully I'll have those pics tomorrow! We didn't quite get it finished today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your hypoglycemic attack. Those aren't fun. My hubby has had some really bad ones. I get really silly acting when I have one. Hope you're feeling better soon... God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your hypoglycemic attack. Those aren't fun. My hubby has had some really bad ones. I get really silly acting when I have one. Hope you're feeling better soon... God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops. sorry that posted twice...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin