Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Coming Up for Air

Hi, everybody! I'm popping up to the surface for air before I head back down into busy waters again. Our stewardship revival has been absolutely fantastic. I have enjoyed every minute of preaching and music and fellowship, I have enjoyed feeding Bro. Chovan and his family each day. But all of that makes for busy days and nights, so I haven't had the time to write a lot.

We are picking up our house key next Wednesday, and will begin moving things into the house on Thursday (after Beth and I go in and make sure everything is clean enough!). After we get the key, if I can persuade Wes to go over for a few minutes, I'll take some pictures of the empty house so you can see it. Then I'll take some after we get all moved in and the furniture set up. I'm getting pretty excited, but I'm seeing more and more work to do within the next week. We got our moving-out checklist yesterday, and I want to make sure everything is as close to perfect as I can get it so that we get our deposit back. A friend of Sam's is coming over tomorrow afternoon to clean the outside of the upstairs windows for us. I need to wash all the drapes (only six sets - very few windows in our townhouse!) and repair the hem on one set, then clean the insides of the windows, wipe down the walls to get rid of marks and fingerprints, and pull out all the appliances and clean under them. I'm scared of what will be under those! LOL

Somebody asked about my china. It's a very plain set, which lends itself to use for all occasions. The pattern is 'Pallas' by Sango Japan - white plates with a silver band around the edge of each piece - very, very simple and clean. I used to hate how plain it was, but now I appreciate its simplicity. I'll take pics of it as I pack. It's a huge set, and I value it not for its financial value but for its sentimental value - the fact that it belonged to my mother and that a much-loved uncle bought it for her - two good reasons to love it!

A quick post has turned into a small epistle. Wes always says I could have competed with the "holy men of old" in writing their epistles! ;) Cheeky man! I will go for now. I've been skimming your blogs and keeping up with you. Oh, and I have an amazing story to tell you when I have the time to write it! You'll love it!

14 comments:

  1. Susan, I googled the china pattern so I could see it, and it's beautiful! You're so right....simple is good.

    I can't wait to hear your fantastic story. I have a feeling it's something amazing God has done for you. Am I correct?

    I hope your packing and move go very smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's come so fast!!! Moving always makes the time just woosh right by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    I just wanted to tell you that I always enjoy reading your blog! Can't wait to read your story! I'm really glad that y'all are going to have your own house!

    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see the pictures. Happy moving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your china sounds elegant!

    I'm so glad you are still breathing! We moved a little over a year ago, I am still unpacking!(oops! Now that wasn't very encouraging was it dear sister?)But I have health issues! There is my excuse!You will do great!

    So glad your services have been great. Praying for you as you gear up for this move.Hae fun!

    Oh and by the way-I can't rmember if I personally thanked you for all your concern and prayers for my dad last week during his open heart surgery and recovery. It was so greatly appreciated! He is doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for answering my question about the china. Yes, simplicity is always classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your story.

    Sounds like your days to come will be busy ones!! But I know you're excited about your move and getting everything set up. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for pictures! I just love looking at how all the ladies have their homes set up. I've seen so many great ideas.

    God's blessings to you in your new home,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the pictures! And Tammy's right, the time has passed really quickly! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you a safe and uncomplicated move. I hope you enjoy and have many blessings in your new home. connie from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited about your move!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... almost time!! you must be SO excited... or does that come AFTER the hard work is all done??
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are busy! It will be fun to see the before and after pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see your pictures! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin