Friday, April 20, 2007

Catching Up and Countdown, Day 11

What a whirlwind of a week we've had! We said goodbye to Evangelist Chovan and his wife over breakfast yesterday morning, ending our three days of revival meetings and rejoicing in spiritual refreshment and new friendships formed. We enjoyed wonderful fellowship with the Chovans! Their little boy, Jonathan, was so much fun. He is eight years old and full of life, but he was so well-behaved. He loved, loved, loved our X Box, and Andrew raced him over and over again in a four-wheeler game. Jonathan got good enough to put up some pretty good competition, too. They also played some football and maybe even some hockey. We shared the Chovans with another church on Wednesday night (we can't have our rec centre rooms on Wednesday), and that church showered Jonathan with Canucks stuff, including a huge jersey! He can put them to good use while he's in Vancouver, since the Canucks are in the playoffs. Matter of fact, they've been playing against the Dallas Stars all week! Now Jonathan can be a full-fledged Canuck!

After leaving the Chovans at the hotel, Wes and I drove down to WA to do our monthly shopping. Except it's been 6 weeks since we shopped! We're all stocked up again, and we'll probably make a quick stop when we go to pick up his parents in Seattle on May 15th to get a few extras for their visit. He did take me to Christopher and Banks, but everything I tried on was too small. Who shrunk all the clothes??? I have actually gained 13 pounds since I started that medicine back in November, and it's about to go. I am feeling the effects of that extra 13 pounds, and I'm seeing it in my clothes. I had bloodwork done today, so I'll probably be going to the doctor for a followup in the next 10 days or so. I'm going to be a bad patient and take responsibility for my own body and what is happening to it!

You've probably noticed that my countdown to the move has come to a standstill. The last time I did anything specifically toward the move was Sunday night, Day 16. There just wasn't time to fit everything in this week. I still didn't get a lot done today, but I did do these things:

- Figured out the amount of fabric needed for sheers for the living room windows
- Bought said fabric, at a big discount!
- Thoroughly cleaned out the fridge and freezer of everything except necessities - no lingering frozen bread slices or little tubs of frosting
- Packed my Willow Tree figurines back in their boxes

I now have a huge mountain of laundry on my bed that needs to be sorted and folded or ironed and put away. I dread it! Why do I do this to myself? Laundry is one of my most dreaded chores, so I put it off.

I still have my amazing story to tell you, but it's after 10 PM and I am so sleepy! I promise to tell you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your visitors. Now the move is coming quickly! Wow. Lots to do, I know; but how fun it will be to be in your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin