Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday in Review - March 18, 2007

Yesterday was a "regular" day at Lions Gate. We had a good attendance, with two visitors once again. I feel like a broken record! LOL Our ladies sang in the morning service, and did a wonderful job. Wes said they'll be wanting to buy a tour bus soon! ;) We now have four men getting a song ready for the Men's Conference at the end of the month. I'm still amazed at the amount of talent and the people willing to use it for the Lord in a church this size. I've been in other churches over the course of my life that had talent, but no one was willing to get up in front of others and sing. I'm so glad that our people are willing to do it without hesitation!

Wes is getting excited about the Men of the Word Conference! I think he said there are 51 men signed up for it. This is an area-wide conference for Independent Baptists, so men from several different churches of like faith are attending. Bro. MIckey, our former pastor who is speaking at the conference, has given Wes some idea of what he will be teaching, and Wes is really looking forward to it. Bro. Mickey is an excellent teacher, and we're sure there will be some great lessons coming. Wes may have some or all of them available on our church website; I'll let you know after the conference.

We're up to the point in Sunday school where David and his men come home to find their city, Ziklag, burned down. We also learned about Saul visiting the witch of En-dor and what he learned there - the kids' eyes got so big when they learned what is in the works for Saul and his sons! ;) Our little preschool student told her parents that "David lied again!" Now, I'm not sure where I've said that David lied, other than yesterday's lesson where he lied to King Achish, but at least she got the point that David lied and was not pleasing God, but later, when his city was burned down, he finally turned to the Lord to find out what to do. I am really enjoying these lessons on David, because I'm learning a lot too. The past two weeks, the Lord has pointed out things for me to learn myself before I teach the children! There's an old saying: To teach is to learn twice. I'm finding that true in Sunday school each week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to leave a comment for some time. I am also an American living in Canada. My husband (Canadian) and I attend a small Baptist church in Ontario that was planted by American missionaries a few years ago. Anyways, I enjoy your posts, it is encouraging to see other little churches and hear of the work God is doing with them. And we can certainly relate to the ups and downs in attendance and such. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin