Monday, March 05, 2007

A Report From the Mission Field

I talked to my sister, Robyn, one day last week. She's the one who is married to a missionary pastor in Mexico. She told me that they were having a Friend Day at their church on the coming Sunday, which is now yesterday. I got an e-mail from her today detailing the day, and what a day it was!

I told you that we would have our Friend Day yesterday. Well, we spent all day Saturday on the tamales. We had made over 500. I really lost count of how many, but know it was over 500. We had asked the Lord for 100 people in the service on Sunday. I had about 65 kids in the kid's class for Sunday School. There was standing room only! What a blessing! The grand total for the day was 160. (Somewhere around there) My little girls were having to sit in the window sills because there was no where for them to sit. We thank the Lord for what He did yesterday! We had a lot of people that we have been working with since we came here to Mexico at the service. One man was the former president of our village. It would be like a mayor in the US. It was kinda funny, because his wife looked like she was NOT happy to be there. Oh well!! We will keep praying for them that they will be saved.

I was SO thrilled at this report! Robyn and Clark work hard down there - and I do mean hard - getting the Gospel out to several of the surrounding Mexican villages in their area. In their last e-mail update, Clark named four villages in which they hold services and/or Bible studies, plus they have a request from another village to begin a Bible study, which they hope to start within the next couple of months. In their main ministry, they have taught the people about Faith Promise giving. The result? They are now supporting two missionaries of their own! They're preparing to expand their Sunday school classes from two to five, and open a dispensary to help poor families - of course, with the stipulation that they attend a service to receive their aid! They are also praying about having three classes twice a week in this location. As you can see, they're not taking a Mexican vacation! Please pray for Clark and Robyn Paquette as they serve in the villages near Aguascalientes, Mexico. Pray for physical strength; pray for physical and spiritual protection; and pray for more laborers to help. And ladies, pray for Robyn, as she makes a home, serves as Clark's help meet, mother to seven children, homeschool teacher, Sunday school teacher, musician . . . need I go on? We know how to pray for each other, don't we?!!

9 comments:

  1. What a great report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great report! I'll be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great,Sure will be praying for them..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such a great report! I will pray for the people and the messengers.May God bless them all. I loved hearing they were teaching Faith Promise. I loved it, just loved it. Connie from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great report. Praise the Lord!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thrilled to hear this news! My hubby is from Mexico and it was because of a loving, Christ honoring missionary that his grandma got saved. Her testimony was so strong, that eventually, almost her entire family accepted Christ! I was married in Mexico and have wonderful in-laws there. My eyes tear up every time I hear of some sweet, serving Mexican's coming to the Lord! We have something in common! My sister is a missioanry wife in Venezuela! She had 6 kids to homeschool at one point, now down to two at home. I will add your sis and her family to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, I had already followed your profile link a few days ago, and I also found your sister's blog through another friend of mine (Sarah) who had met her at a missions conference! I'm glad I found you both, and I'm enjoying all the things you've been talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is exciting and I know it was a lot of hard work...but the rewards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin