Monday, March 19, 2007

It Was a Long Week

My week off was a LONG week, let me tell ya! LOL I've done completely without the computer and never missed it . . . when we've gone on a vacation or to visit family or something like that. But to have it right here in the living room with me and have determined not to get online unnecessarily for a whole week? That was sheer torture! ;) It felt like my routine was off, and I guess it was. Even so, I found that much of my internet time was mostly habit, just surfing around for something to do, so I've thought a good bit about how I spend my time online over the past week.

I talked to my extended family a good bit last week. I called my parents on Monday and talked to them for a long time; that was fun. My mom wasn't feeling well that day, and by the time I hung up she said she was feeling better, and that made ME feel good! The next day, I found out that one of my nieces in Mexico had swallowed a coin and it had been a close call. It had lodged in her throat, and nothing my sister or brother-in-law could do would get it out. They took her to the hospital right down the street, and there "just happened" (right!) to be a doctor there that specialized in the procedure that was needed to remove the coin; the hospital normally doesn't do this certain procedure. An x-ray showed that the coin miraculously was standing upright over her esophagus (instead of her trachea), and she was doing fine, it just hurt and scared her parents half to death. By the time I called my sister on Tuesday, Lydia was fine. You know how kids are; they bounce back like nothing happened. Robyn said if it was her, she'd be in bed at least a week! ;) Me too! I think I'd have to rest to recover from the scare, too. On Wednesday, a little package arrived from my brother and his wife, so of course I had to call them to thank them for that! LOL So I talked to almost everyone in my family last week, which is unusual for one week. I'm glad to report that we are all alive, well, and kicking this Monday morning! ;)

So I'm back online and lovin' it. I've peeked at some blogs this morning, but I haven't had time yet to sit down and really read. I don't think I'll have that much time today, so I'll have to catch up all week. I sure missed you all! It's amazing how attached we can get to people we've never met in "real life," isn't it? See ya later - my time is almost up for right now.

5 comments:

  1. Tonja9:08 PM

    Susan,

    I just wanted you to know that I missed you last week! But, I understand the need to take a break!
    Glad to see you back!

    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    I sure missed you! I understand the need for a break and to get priorites straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan!

    Glad you are back. Isn't is wonderful to catch up with family?

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back! (o:

    And I know what you mean--if I'm away from home or on vacation I don't miss blogging at all but if I'm home at first it's so hard. It gets easier after a couple of days though. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Susan! I'm so glad you got to catch up with family this week. I know I only have one sister and my folks, but it's like a marathon when I talk with them both in the same week (we are all *so* chatty -lol!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin