Friday, March 30, 2007

A Fun Day With the Kids

We've had a fun day! Beth and I went grocery shopping together this morning. We stopped and looked at magazines, bought marshmallow peeps, and looked through the clearance deals . . . then we bought the real food.

This afternoon, Beth's friend Carmen came over. Andrew was playing games on the X-Box with Beth when Carmen arrived, so the girls decided to play against Andrew. They won. This did not set well with Andrew. He's good-natured, so he didn't get angry, but he had to play harder because "I can't let two girls beat me!" LOL Around 4:30 he and I went to pick up his friend Ryan, which meant the X-box went upstairs and the girls were watching Pride and Prejudice. I made pizza while all this action was going on (I did have to stop a few times and see what was going on with the movie), and two other girls arrived at 6:00. So we had 6 teenagers and 1 Mama in the house, and can you believe it was sane in here?!! All the kids that came over are well-behaved kiddos, and I enjoy having them around. Ryan had to leave for a basketball game pretty early, but the girls stayed till the movie was over, a little past 9:00. I took all three to one house, where Carmen's mom came to pick her up. The other two are sisters.

I didn't get to watch the entire movie, but what I saw was so fun! The mom who owns the movie allowed us to keep it so I can watch it tomorrow, since I won't have much to do with Wes gone for the day. So I'm watching the whole thing tomorrow . . . just maybe in shifts. It gets pretty long watching it all at once!

One funny thing happened today . . . we heard a little knock at the door this afternoon. Andrew went to answer it, but when he opened the door, no one was there. There's a little playground across from our townhouse, and there were two little boys playing out there. Andrew heard one of them giggling and saying, "They opened the door!" LOL Well, Andrew was once a silly little boy, so he knew their tricks and had one of his own. He waited at the door, watching through the peephole for them to come back - he knew they'd be back - and when they got up on the porch, just as they started to knock . . . he swung open the door as fast as he could! You should have heard the screams!!!! It was priceless! LOL I had forgotten already what was going on, so when I heard that shriek, I came halfway off the couch before I realized what it was. It was one of those rare moments when all the details just come together, you know?! ;) So that was our burst of excitement today.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how funny! I love that movie, well worth the long viewing! Sounds like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susan, I did laugh at what Andrew did! My eldest son delights in jumping out from around corners to scare his oldest sister. One cay he thought it was her, but it was me! I think my Brian would have enjoyed being in on that one with your Andrew! :oD

    Praying for the men's conference -- expecting great things!

    A&E Pride & Prejudice is great -- such a fun "girly" thing to do! It sounds like you had a terrific day; enjoy watching your movie today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a fun day with your teens and their friends. It's a blessing that you can have such good times with them.

    LOL @ Andrew and his prank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you all had a fun time together.

    Andrew's prank on those unsuspecting kids was a riot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the 6-hour version of the movie is much better than the newer one... but that's just my opinion:o) Sounds like a nice time with 6 teens in the house - all of them "sane"?!?! *That* I would have to see;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone we've talked to about that movie likes the A&E version the best. I'm just having trouble finding the time all at once to sit down and watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin