Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I Got a Letter!

I got a letter today from my former pastor's wife (the wife of my former pastor; she is not his former wife!). I love, love, love to get real mail! She writes the best letters, too - long, newsy ones. It was so good to hear from her. My heart is blessed today!

Speaking of letters, I sent a card to my friend Tammy back a few weeks ago. I think it's been six weeks or so now. She IM'd me last night to say she received my card yesterday. Yesterday. It took six weeks for a card to get from my house in Canada to Tammy's in the US. The worst part was that the envelope had been slit open, and it was evident that the card had been read, because it folds a certain way. I wasn't very happy. If the card were going into a Communist country, I would expect it to be opened, but not between Canada and the US. I mean, I know the relations are strained at times, but good grief! Opening the mail? LOL

So in that light, the first thing I checked on the letter from my pastor's wife was the postmark . . . 02 FEB 2007. Five days from Arkansas. Five days. And it wasn't even opened!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got some mail from someone special. Mail makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to get mail, isn't it?

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a shame that the letter or card had been opened. I'm always afraid to send money in cards for that very reason. I know it has to happen where they get opened and we get robbed through the mail. This also shows how the world is getting worse and worse. You can't even feel confident or that your privacy hasn't been invaded by sending a card or letter through the mail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin