Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Eyes Right

I had my supposed-to-be-annual eye exam today. I didn't schedule my annual physical on time last year, which pushed back my eye exam, then there was this wind storm the night before the original appointment, which killed the power all over the Lower Mainland, which forced me to reschedule my appointment . . . after forgetting to do it for a month. So, here I am, a year and a half after my last eye exam. But you know what? Nothing's changed! Yay! My old prescription is still working (although I rarely wear my glasses), and there is no diabetic damage to my eyes at all - none - zip - zilch - zero - nada. Isn't that amazing? Especially after my wild summer of eating whatever I wanted to last year. God is so good to me. Even when I haven't been a good steward of the body He's given me. Definitely, all the glory belongs to the Lord! It does anyway, but it really does this time!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you had a good "eye" report! How is it going with that medicine that was causing the weight gain? Did the doctor change it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Julie, you caught me! I found a meal replacement made for diabetics that helps me over the low episodes, so I've been testing how those work for the past few days. So I haven't called my doctor. The other medicine that works well and doesn't cause weight gain, unfortunately does not agree with my tummy, no matter how long I try to "adjust" to it. If I keep gaining and having lows I will give him a call, though. I've maintained the weight for the past week - no gains. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dear friend that is diabetic. I know how she worries about her eyes. I'm so glad you got a good report!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin