Monday, February 05, 2007

Anniversary Service

Our Anniversary service went great! We had 51 people there, which was less than we had hoped for, but more than twice our usual attendance, so we were happy. We had the Evergreen State Quartet, based in WA, come up and sing for us; they were here last year too. They sing old-style quartet music, one of Wes's favorite types of music, so he has really enjoyed having them both years. Our people enjoyed them too. Wes and I sat in the back and watched everyone, which was fun for us! LOL Our family also sang a special song, Bow the Knee by Ron Hamilton, that we have grown to love and that Wes feels really sets the tone for the sermon.

Wes preached a fantastic sermon entitled "The Appointment You Won't Miss" about every person's appointment with death, taken from Hebrews 9:27. He had great liberty to preach and he did an excellent job. Of course, one of the things I'd been praying for was for him to preach with the power of the Holy Spirit, and I believe the Lord answered that prayer.

When it was time for the invitation, one lady came forward and told me that she had been fearful for the past week that she wasn't truly saved. I was blessed to be able to take the Bible and show her how she can know for sure that she's saved, and she bowed her head and accepted Christ right there! What a blessing to see this lady get saved and know for sure that she is on her way to Heaven! She already attends a church in Vancouver, so we will probably not see her again, but praise the Lord she got saved.

After the service we had a potluck dinner. And what a dinner it was! Our ladies are great at cooking for these meals, and we had a bunch of leftovers - that's a good problem to have! It means we didn't run out of food! Our ladies also took over and got everything ready so that I could deal with the unsaved lady after the service. It was a blessing to be able to talk with her without having to worry about getting the meal ready. Then after dinner we had the quartet sing again for about an hour. That was a fun time to relax and just listen to the singing, and they even had Wes and the kids come up and sing with them! Everyone seemed to really enjoy that! LOL
Then we cleaned up and went home - exhausted. I don't remember much of last night. I was just sort of relaxed and drowsy for the rest of the day!
Today comes the house cleanup! Ugh! There are little things all over the place that need to be done. I'm sure you know how it is after a busier-than-usual weekend. Beth is fighting a fever, headache, and sore throat since yesterday morning, so I'm letting her rest today. So I'll be busy the rest of the day, but I wanted to let you know how things went yesterday.

Wes videotaped the entire morning service and afternoon song service. I may try to have some clips to post - I've never posted a video clip, so I'll have to see if I can do it. The still shots in this post were taken by Beth, Andrew, and one of our men.

5 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you over the dear one who trusted Christ as her Saviour! That makes all the hard work worth it, doesn't it?

    I hope that you are able to find some time to just relax and do nothing in the next day or two. You deserve it!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of my prayer for you was answered. You didn't get 75 people there. But you did get a lady that needed to be there and you were able to deal with her. What a blessing. And I pray this is a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about the "Wonderful Day!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I was praying that somebody's heart would be touched by the Holy Spirit and they would accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. Praise God! I wonder if there is a website dedicated to reports of people giving their lives to the Lord? If not, there should be one, so we could all rejoice each time a new one is added. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing that someone received Christ as their Saviour!! I'm glad your special day went so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin