Sunday, January 07, 2007

Taking a Short Trip

Our family is heading down to the Seattle area to attend a pastor's conference. We've been looking forward to this for several months. Quite a few of our "fellow laborers" here in Vancouver are going down also, so we're looking forward to that fellowship. We'll also get to see some old friends from Texas who now pastor in the Tacoma area - more fellowship! And then we'll also enjoy the preaching. We do so much of the ministry in our churches that it's nice to sit down and enjoy some preaching and singing that we don't have to produce ourselves. I hope that doesn't sound selfish! I'm sure other pastors and their families enjoy sitting back and just being a part of the service occasionally, and can testify to what a blessing it is to soak it up every now and then.

Good news from our church today. I think I mentioned our Missions Emphasis month in November. Wes introduced and taught on Faith Promise missions giving during that month, then had those who felt the Lord leading them to, to participate in Faith Promise. We were amazed at the level of interest and giving! Tonight, we were able to take on TWO mission projects (not just one!), one missionary family overseas and one church-based printing ministry here in Canada. We praise the Lord that our people are learning the joy of giving and are willingly giving to see the Gospel go around the world! I just have to tell you that this is the most giving group of people I've ever seen, and I can't wait, as their pastor's wife, to see how God is going to bless them for their generosity. I want them to see first-hand that you just can't outgive God!

7 comments:

  1. That's great that you were able to take on those missions projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for the giving and the opportunity to go to a Pastor's Conference. I love those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is encouraging to hear how the Lord is working in the hearts of your church folks!

    I hope that you and your DH enjoy a time of refreshment at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful time! I completely understand about needing time for worship without producing the service.

    blesssings,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you excitement does not sound selfish. I believe Pastors and their families definitely need to get under the preaching and teaching, sometimes even more than the rest of us. Mainly because you're fighting so long and hard in the battle that you just need to rest. So go and have a wonderful time!!

    I think it's wonderful that you've been able to take on some missionaries. What a blessing to hear that. Every church needs a mission program. I can't wait to hear how the Lord blesses because of the church's willingness to give to missions!!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a happy trip! Are you going to see the Stones? Hope you have a great time and come back renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord! Have a great time at your conference! :)-heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin