Saturday, January 20, 2007

Just Real Quick . . .

I've read all your comments on my post about having to take a nap the other day. Thanks for all your encouragement! It's not that I think it's wrong to take a nap. Not having to take a nap has become like my guage for how well my day is going. For about a year before I was diagnosed with diabetes, I had to take increasing amounts of time for sleep, until I was sleeping all day long AND all night long, waking only long enough to fix meals for my family, take a shower, or go to church. That was a scary, dark time in my life. I thought something was wrong with me spiritually. After diagnosis, when my sugar levels began coming down and I started feeling better, I was able to stay awake more, and I had more energy than I'd had in years, quite literally. In the past couple of years, I've rarely had to take a nap, and when I did, I could usually count on my blood sugar being out of whack (how's that for a good medical term?!). I feel like I came across as anti-nap, that it was wrong to need a nap. That's not it at all; it's just my way of guaging how I'm doing personally. In fact, I once heard a pastor's wife say that taking a nap can be the most spiritual thing a woman could do during the day (and she was referring to a nap, not sleeping your entire day away or being lazy!), because it refreshed her for her husband. I would tend to agree with that!

To Anonymous . . . thank you for commenting! It was perfectly fine for you to comment, and I'm looking forward to stopping by your blog. Thanks for reading and linking back here. Please feel free to comment on anything you want to!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:35 AM

    Aw...thank you for that. Actually, I just did a 'clean sweep' of the links and left only DH's blog and a bunch of helpful 'places'. I really do like this blog!! But I saw I may have to deal with a gigantic list eventually and decided to bookmark you instead. It's explained on my 'ponderance' post. Thanks for posting this, however. Praying for your condition; my nephew has diabetes since he's 3 and he is 20 now. Eileen @ http://halfwayhome.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, I completely understand about having such a long list of blogs. I read tons of them, so I subbed to Bloglines, which manages them for me. Keeps me from spending so much time just checking to see if someone has written anything.

    I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. My mother was type 1, and my cousin (her nephew) was diagnosed at age 3. He's in his late 30's now. It's a hard disease, so I praise the Lord for all the advancements that are being made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I for one am all for naps! I take them on a regular basis. Sometimes an hour if I REALLY need it but for the most part about twenty minutes in the afternoon. People would be surprised at how much energy twenty minutes can give! :)

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my blood sugar being out of whack (how's that for a good medical term?!)"

    Susan,
    My husband is a juvenile diabetic and you might be surprised at how many times I've heard that "medical term" around my house!!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin