Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The weekend was a busy one for us. On Saturday, I kept myself busy with some crafty things. We're having a ladies' Christmas brunch, so I made little invitations to give to the ladies. I had an idea of what I wanted, but I'm so not good at getting my ideas out of my head and into concrete form. Wes, on the other hand, can take any idea I have and make it a reality with his wonderful computer skills. This is what we came up with together. The colors don't look as nice in the scan, plus I did a soft focus on it to block the personal information. The striped paper in the background is actually cream with sage stripes - not that yellowy look that it scanned as!



On the first Sunday of each month, we celebrate the birthdays in our church during that month. Since I've been playing with cakes lately, Wes asked if I'd make the cake for this month. I chose a simple one from my Wilton's Course 1 Student Guide. Simple does not equal quick, I'm learning! If I continue doing cakes, I will do them in stages, baking one day, making the icing and coloring it another, and decorating on another. In fact, Samuel's birthday is coming up, and I'm about to start on his cake a week ahead of time. This is a challenge for the Queen of Procrastination! So, anyway, here is the practice cake I made. The actual cake for the meeting was exactly the same, but my camera battery was dead. It was very rich: devil's food cake with white chocolate pudding as the filling, iced and decorated with cream cheese icing. The chocolate is just the cream cheese icing with some cocoa powder and a little extra milk. Cream cheese icing is good, but that chocolate is to die for! Oh, it is so good! I had to put the leftover icing in the fridge and forget it was there. But of course now that's not working. I know it's there now. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yesterday (Monday), Wes and I left the house at 10:30 to go Christmas shopping. We had every intention of finishing our Christmas shopping, but at 4:30 we admitted we were whipped and came home! LOL We still weren't finished. We did narrow down some choices, though, and today I went out and got most of everything else we didn't get yesterday. I can't say too much, because certain people read this blog! ;) But suffice it to say that we're almost done, and it's still 3 weeks till Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. The invitations turned out really pretty! And the cake looks so yummy!

    I did some Christmas shopping today and think I am just about done. Yeah! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a great job on the cake Sis! Hmmm..now I want something sweet..... ;-)
    I finished all my Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I am waiting for some stuff I ordered online, but I am pretty much done. I have already begun shipping boxes to family members.
    Now I need to get on the Christmas cards before the holiday passes us by ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear all about the Christmas brunch when you have it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin