Saturday, December 23, 2006

'Twas the Saturday Before Christmas . . .

I finally have a day at home! Today I get to clean up and cook! We're going to have our Christmas dinner tomorrow after church as our regular Sunday afternoon dinner. Several years ago, I began having Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. I had small children then, and all the excitement of Christmas morning, fixing a nice breakfast, and then fixing a big dinner were just overwhelming to me. So I changed our tradition, and I like it this way so well that I think I'll keep it this way!

On Monday, one of our church families has invited us in the afternoon for Christmas dinner. We're anticipating a wonderful dinner and sweet fellowship!

Christmas Eve Dinner:

Honey Baked Ham
Sweet Potato Souffle
Broccoli and Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce
Green Bean Casserole
Baked Beans
Homemade Yeast Rolls
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Cherry Pie

6 comments:

  1. Yum! Think I'll come over for dinner. But VA is too far away from you lol. I made a coconut pie that ne of your IFB bloggers posted onj your blog & converted to diabetic with Splenda. Yum! I also made a diabetic lemon souffle. aand we took both to my folks. Yum...

    We are staying with my folks who live in a nearby town 20 mins away from us & going on home Tues. We are going with them to church & out to eat afterwards as we go to the same church they do. Then back home a bit to rest a bit. Then to visit both of hubbys brothers & their families, The back to church again. My folks won't be going to the nite service cuz it is too hard for them to get out at nite alot at their age. Then after church back to my folks where we'll stay till early Tues am. We'll get up early to get ornaments & decorations half off lol. It's also groery day so we'll be getting out groceries & shopping done for the week. Have a blessed Christmas... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu sounds lovely! I had to giggle when I read your opening line, "I finally have a day athome." Usually I'm ahead of the game. By Thanksgiving I try to have most all of my Christmas things completed so that I can relax and enjoy the season. With the exception of church fellowships and baking. But I JUST finished up last night.

    I hope you have a wonderful dinner today and time of fellowship tomorrow. I wish you the joy of our Saviour this Christmas. May God bless the Hutchins family!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm new at blogger. Found you through surfing...so many blogs...I can't remember which one (LOL)!! Your page exudes alot of peacefulness...I'm glad I found it. Have a blessed Christmas ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum sounds delicious. We were trying to get a ham this year but they were so expensive at our store. A half of a ham was over $11. So we bought a 10 lb. turkey again for $10. I was really looking forward to ham, but oh well, maybe for Easter.
    Our church service was wonderful today and at the end our Pastor gave everyone in the congregtion a small gift. Don't know what it is, but I will find out tomorrow morning when I open it. ;-)
    Merry Christmas from our house to yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin