Friday, December 01, 2006

Stuffed-Crust Pizza

A few weeks ago, Wes had a hankering for pizza on a Sunday night, so he ordered a stuffed-crust pizza from Pizza Hut. The kids just loved it (I didn't eat any that night), so the next time I made homemade pizza, I decided to try stuffing the crust. It turned out to be a hit, so I took some pics to share with you while I made my version this afternoon.

As I rolled out the crust, I rolled the edges just beyond the edge of my baking stone. I sliced mozzarella cheese into sticks and place them around the edge of the pizza. Then I rolled the edge over the cheese sticks and tucked them under the cheese.


Next I piled on pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and our toppings, which tonight were Italian sausage and hamburger. Then I added just a little more cheese! Mmmm! All ready to go into the oven:


Fifteen minutes at 425 degrees, and it's ready to eat, bubbling with cheese inside and out!


Homemade pizza is our usual Friday treat. I learned to make yeast dough about 12 years ago from a friend who taught me not to be afraid to handle it. I was scared to really work it, but now I slap it around and punch it down - it really works out my aggression! ;0 Wes and the kids will eat anything that I'll put dough around! LOL They've told me that they prefer my homemade pizza to restaurant pizza, but I'm not too sure about it myself. I still love Domino's pizza!

11 comments:

  1. Now I'm drooling on my keyboard! Did you have to post a picture?!

    That looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how neat! That looks great!!! Yummy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I learned about doing this several years ago, but haven't ever made a stuffed crust pizza. I never remember when it comes time to make them. Would you mind sharing your pizza crust recipe? I'm always looking for a good crust for pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the recipe for your crust. It looked beautiful and I want to copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pizza looks professional. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!!! That looks great!! I'm sure it tasted just as great too huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks soooooooo good! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I am still trying not to be afraid to make a loaf of yeast bread but I am afraid I will mess the yeast up somehow...LOL. I have yeast in my cabinet and maybe, just maybe this week I may try making a simple load of bread, so that way, if it comes out bad I can throw it out before DH gets home from work...LOL.
    Gosh I miss Dominos!!!! They had good wings too!
    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's another request, Susan, for your pizza dough recipe. We have one we always use, but it's neat to compare and maybe make a change or two here and there to improve on the taste.

    I LOVE any kind of pizza, and the one you made sure looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stuffed Crust from Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza and yours looks fantastic!! It came out relly nice looking and looks like it was yummy! :)

    I've never made my own dough. I have a bread machine with a pizza dough setting, but I've never used it. I might have to give it a try.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love stuffed crust pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooook...I need to eat. That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin