Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pizza Crust - Finally!

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back over here to post this recipe. Thanks for all your compliments on my pizza. There was a time when it didn't look so good! LOL Of course, you could say that about most everything I cook - once upon a time . . .

We like a thick crust, so this recipe is doubled. I use my large and small Pampered Chef pizza stones, one pizza on each. I divide the dough 2/3 for the large stone and 1/3 for the small.

2 cups warm water
2 Tablespoons or 2 packets yeast
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
6 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt

Combine water, yeast, and sugar in a deep bowl or measuring cup, stirring yeast and sugar in water until dissolved. Allow to stand for 15 minutes. Yeast should bubble up and be foamy. At the end of 15 minutes, add oil to liquid mixture.

Combine yeast and salt; add liquid mixture and stir till dough sticks together. Turn out onto a floured surface and need till smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. The recipe says to allow yeast to rise for one hour, punch down, and let rest for 10 minutes before rolling out. I have cut out the rising stage and go straight to rolling out! It has worked fine either way. Roll out on pizza stones, top with pizza sauce and toppings, and bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know, I have a PC pizza stone and have *never* used it?! I guess trying out your pizza recipe will be good incentive to use it. : ) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I love homemade pizza!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin