This is Beth's and my final cake for Wilton Course 2. We made all the flowers, the birds, and did the basketweave in class together. This course was a whirlwind! Because of scheduling conflicts, the instructor was good enough to consolidate a couple of the class sessions. That was a blessing, for sure, but it made for some pretty intense classes! On Wednesday, we learned quite a few flowers, and I left feeling like I'd been run over! LOL I didn't think I'd be able to learn them, because I had totally flopped in class. To make matters worse, our icing was totally too thin, so none of the flowers would keep their shape even if I had formed them right.
I was gone all day yesterday, then we had Bible study last night, so I didn't even get started trying to make the flowers again till 11:00 last night, when I corrected our icing consistency. My intention was to make one rose, just to play around with it and check the consistency, but one rose lead to another, and another . . . then to a different flower (while you have one color of icing going, you might as well make all the flowers you can, right?), and another . . . till about 1:00 this morning! Then I realized I had to clean up the mess. Oh, my, the mess cake decorating makes! LOL It took me about an hour to get it all cleaned up and everything ready to go back for the final class this morning. I finally got to bed at 2:15. Wes had a question or two about that this morning! ;)
Anyway, I found that I could make the flowers after all, when I'm not in class with someone watching and having to move on to the next one. I was able to look at the pictures in the student guide, read the instructions with the instructor's demonstration in mind, and finally put it all together and actually made some pretty flowers! I did have to take a nap this afternoon, though.