Friday, December 22, 2006

Another Course Cake

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is Beth's and my final cake for Wilton Course 2. We made all the flowers, the birds, and did the basketweave in class together. This course was a whirlwind! Because of scheduling conflicts, the instructor was good enough to consolidate a couple of the class sessions. That was a blessing, for sure, but it made for some pretty intense classes! On Wednesday, we learned quite a few flowers, and I left feeling like I'd been run over! LOL I didn't think I'd be able to learn them, because I had totally flopped in class. To make matters worse, our icing was totally too thin, so none of the flowers would keep their shape even if I had formed them right.

I was gone all day yesterday, then we had Bible study last night, so I didn't even get started trying to make the flowers again till 11:00 last night, when I corrected our icing consistency. My intention was to make one rose, just to play around with it and check the consistency, but one rose lead to another, and another . . . then to a different flower (while you have one color of icing going, you might as well make all the flowers you can, right?), and another . . . till about 1:00 this morning! Then I realized I had to clean up the mess. Oh, my, the mess cake decorating makes! LOL It took me about an hour to get it all cleaned up and everything ready to go back for the final class this morning. I finally got to bed at 2:15. Wes had a question or two about that this morning! ;)

Anyway, I found that I could make the flowers after all, when I'm not in class with someone watching and having to move on to the next one. I was able to look at the pictures in the student guide, read the instructions with the instructor's demonstration in mind, and finally put it all together and actually made some pretty flowers! I did have to take a nap this afternoon, though.

9 comments:

  1. Melissa3:43 AM

    It is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative, Susan!!! It's beautiful. I clicked Blogger to save the post of your last cake you decorated so I could show Sarah. Now I'll click this one, too. I'm not sure she's made her way to the saved ones yet to check out your cakes. I told her how wonderful they were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cake. With the snow and ice I see out my window and after being awaken by the plow going by, your flowery cake just hit the spot. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty!!!! Looks like a cake for Easter or spring! ;-)
    Thank you for sharing your picture with us. I really want to take cake decorating now..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo! Why can't I see the pictures? The last picture that I've been able to see was of Samuel! Something must have happened?

    Well, I guess I can imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the sweet compliments, ladies! It is a spring-looking cake; I wish we had been able to do something Christmasy. I'm thinking that the basket would look pretty with poinsettias, but I don't know how to do them and I don't have the flower nail you need to do them. Maybe I'll make that one in the spring! LOL

    Tonja, lately I've been hosting my photos at Photobucket, and just posting them from there because Blogger is very temperamental when it comes to posting pics - sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. That may be the reason you can't see them, but I don't know how to tell you to fix it. Sorry! Do you have a computer geek around?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did a great job, the cake is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your color flow birds! Color Flow is such a time saver if you make a lot of decorated cakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin