Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Today was another hoppin' day! I got my exercise done this morning. It's My body is tired, but I still have energy. I feel the need to rest during the day, and I do sit down and take a break, but I'm beginning to get energy, and I have to move. This is weird for me! LOL I'm pretty laid back, and for years I've dealt with low energy levels. It's almost scary, if I didn't know it was good for me to feel this energetic! ;) My blood sugar is doing much better now - not down to normal levels, but a lot better.

Beth and I enjoyed our first cake decorating class this morning, too. The lady who is teaching it took her first class less than a year ago! I like her - she doesn't act like she knows it all. There is just one other lady in the class, and she asked about a couple of decorating tips. Our instructor didn't know how to use them, but she said bring them in and we'll see what we can figure out together. I like that. Not afraid to not know something. She also isn't out to sell us every little thing that Wilton recommends. Their "recommended" items cover two pages of the manual, while the "necessary" items fill a side column of one page. We did buy meringue powder, piping gel, and a box of four icing colors. I must say that Michael's is really giving us some good deals. I had a 40% off coupon today (which the instructor gave us!), which they used in addition to the 10% off that class members receive anyway. When we registered for the class, the cost was 1/2 off the regular fee, and they gave us 40% off our student kits even without a coupon. Needless to say, they are building my loyalty this month!

We had to call our maintenance guy in this week. Our bathroom sink was dripping - more like running constantly - and the grout in the tile shower surround was falling out. You could even push on the tile wall and see it move. Not surprisingly, he said we need a new wall. Five days worth of new wall. We will get to shower during that 5 days; I was pretty concerned about that! They'll put plastic up each day after they're finished working. Then they'll repaint the bathroom walls, because we have a problem with mildew. I wiped it down last week, even the ceiling, but the walls are so stained that nothing is helping now. So they'll paint for us! You know, I would love to have a house, but we are in a great situation here. The management really does take care of its tenants, or at least they've taken good care of us, for which I thank the Lord. And it'll be nice to have nice new tile and grout and paint in the bathroom! :)

Well, it's bedtime, and I need some rest. Wes brought me some hot tea a little while ago, so I'm all relaxed and ready to sleep!

6 comments:

  1. Susan, you're inspiring me to start exercising again! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I've lifted small hand weights (no bigger than 8lbs) and done sit ups and stretching on and off for the last few years. Right now I'm not doing it and have not been all summer. You sure can tell the big differene a little excersize makes!! I never used to want a nap on the weekends and had better posture and lots more energy. I'm resolving to getting back into exercising more; you just feel so much better physically and emotionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your blood pressure is down. That's good news. And it's great you had a good time cake decorating. What fun! :)

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. B - go for it! You'll love it!

    Trixie - I haven't been needing to nap lately, until today. It just all caught up with me, so I snoozed on the couch for a bit this afternoon. But I'm up and going again now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When they paint your bath that has mildew problems make sure they add stuff to the paint that kills the mildew. I don't know the name but it is an additive that all paint stores have. I think there are even special paints that already have it in. To cover stains like old water leak spots on walls use Kilzs or such paint that is heavier and is for that problem. Otherwise the stain will bleed back through and show later. I have probably spelled kilzs wrong but it is pronounced kills.
    I know you are not in charge of how the management paints but hopefully they do know what they are doing! I am sure hoping you will be able to find a house you can afford. Prices are sooo high!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to fear, Anna! The maintenance man told us to tell the manager that it was the bathroom they were painting so that she'd order the right kind of paint. We've been so pleased with how well the management takes care of the tenants here. Our neighbors right next door have lived in their townhouse for over 10 years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin