Thursday, November 30, 2006

Good Things

I have two things to tell you about tonight that were a special blessing to me today! The first thing happened right before church time. The phone rang, and Wes answered it, then called down the stairs that it was for me. Expecting it to be someone here locally, imagine my surprise when the voice on the other end said, "Susan, this is Rhonda, missionary in Chile . . ." Rhonda is Missionary Mom, whose blog I read regularly! She had found our phone number and decided to give me a call and say Hi. I didn't have but a minute or two to talk, as we were getting ready to go to church, but it was so nice to hear from her, and I was so thrilled that she had decided to call me. Rhonda, thanks so much for calling!

The other thing was a wonderful praise that one of our ladies had this evening. She came into the room where I teach Patch Club, with a smile on her face and her arms open wide to give me a hug. She's always very loving, so this wasn't unusual, but this time she said, "I went to the doctor today . . . " Gisela had cancer five years ago. She had surgery right away, and then she decided not to take chemotherapy, but began to research nutrition, making changes in her diet to help her body heal itself. Today, her doctor released her from his care completely! I was so excited to hear this news! Praise the Lord for healing her and keeping her healed for five years!

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that!!! I've been reading missionary mom's blog recently, and enjoy it.
    Rejoicing on the health of your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this good news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin