Monday, October 16, 2006

Some Good Articles

I've come across some really good, thought-provoking, and helpful articles this morning, which I've added to my Worth the Read section of my sidebar. Today they have to do with biblical womanhood - what it means to live a biblical life, not necessarily what the world (namely feminists) would consider a successful life. These articles have to do with just what the older women are to teach the younger women, reasons why to stay home, and some tips on making more time in your day. They have served to spur me on in my quest to be a biblical wife and mother today, and I hope they will be a help to you too.

Just a note on women teachers: the line for women teaching had been blurred for me for a long time. Not that I thought they should teach men or preach; not at all. But the why's and wherefore's of women teaching at all. I had in mind all of our blogging that we do - is it good and profitable for us to be doing it at all? Today I realized that the older women are indeed to be teaching the younger women; there is nothing at all wrong with that. It's what they are to be teaching that I had failed to discern. They are to be teaching the list of qualities and activities found in Titus 2:

Tts 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tts 2:5 [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

There are no "you can be _______" or "you can do ________" in this passage . . . except for "you can love your husband and children, you can be discreet, chaste, a keeper at home!" This is where we get messed up by listening to all these women teachers (preachers?) who are themselves running all over the country, forsaking their homes, children, husbands, and churches, teaching women to be somebody, dare something, blah, blah, blah . . . we need women who are teaching us to be biblical wives and mothers and living it themselves. I can find those women in my circle of friends, in some of my relatives, and on the internet through our blogs. Let's be careful who we listen to, and see if what they are teaching lines up with the plumbline of God's Word!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Excellent post!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog regarding Tim. I was excited to realize *who* you are! : ) I had no idea! Your picture is in the foyer at church with the other missionaries. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mishel, I wasn't sure until last night when I read that post what church you went to, and then I realized that was one of our supporting churches. I enjoy your blog and your daughter's, and it's especially nice knowing that you go to a church of "like precious faith." It's also nice to know that at least one church keeps our prayer letters before the people, so that they know who we are and what we're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Another great post!! *sigh* I miss Calvary Baptist in Yucca!! Miss Susan, I gave the Navato family your missionary page info and everything. They are going to pass it onto their daughter and her husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Susan, we need to be so careful who we allow to influence us and we need to hold up what people say to the Bible...just like Acts 17:11 says.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin