Thursday, October 12, 2006

An Early Post Today


I have an early-for-me post today, because today is our 22nd anniversary! It doesn't seem possible that it's been that long already. I remember thinking, around the time that we got married, that our 20th anniversary was SO far away, and that we'd be really old and stuffy by then! LOL Now it's been 2 years beyond our 20th, and I don't think we're all that old or stuffy. I still feel pretty much like the 19-year-old girl who walked down the aisle that evening . . . still in love, still sure that he is the one and only man for me!

I've said before how amazingly the Lord puts couples together. They are usually opposites in many ways, and that's true with us. He is calm and even-tempered, while I'm easily excited and quick-tempered. He doesn't talk much, but I talk quite a bit (in case you didn't know that!). He is confident; I'm rather shy deep down inside. He prefers home and quiet; I love to go places and have fun. He is not a people-person, while being with people charges me up. He prefers the direct route; I like the scenic route. We balance each other out. If we were both talkers, who would listen?! If we both loved the scenic route, we'd always be late! If we both loved gadding about, we'd never be home getting necessary things done.

So God knew what He was doing when he put these two personalities together. I'm so glad He gave me this man, who would love and cherish me even when I am not very lovable or worth cherishing. Through all the good times and bad, we have chosen to love each other, and our life together just gets "gooder and gooder." And we haven't had all that many bad times, to be honest. God has been gracious to us!

Happy Anniversary, Wesley! I love you!


Image courtesy of Nova Scotia's Balmoral Farm.

10 comments:

  1. I am sooo happy for you. A good marriage to a good man is such a gift from God. I can remember how things got better most times when my late husband came home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Susan! May God bless you and your husband and give you many happy more years! Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the Lord bless you with many more happy years serving Him together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I wish you both *many* more wonderful years together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, Susan & Wesley!! I'm so glad I clicked on your blog today and found out so I could wish you a Happy Anniv!! Celebrate!

    I am STILL catching up on blog reading from being away, and I have 13 of yours to read!!! Will I ever catch up??!! We just returned from my mom's again...went on a quickie overnight (after returning from our family time away) to help her with lots of details. Please pray for her health if you would, Susan. She is taking it quite hard having to put her husband in assisted living. Thing is...he loves being there!

    Back to your post...I was amazed to see all the ways you and Wes are different! Wes sounds like my husband to a T...and you sound just like ME!!! It is hilarious how alike we are!

    Thanks for sharing your special day with us - have a fun time together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel7:26 PM

    Oh, I missed it! Happy belated anniversary to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin