Wednesday, September 27, 2006

We're Still Having Summer

The weather this year has been very unusual! Our summer was hot and dry, and now our fall has been mostly dry, with beautiful, bright sunshine almost every day and temperatures in the 70's for the past few days. This pattern is supposed to continue for several more days, with no rain expected till Sunday. If you know anything about this area, you know that September usually brings cool temps and begins the rainy season that lasts through spring. I heard on the news the other night that scientists expect a mild, somewhat dry winter this year. Whatever is going on, I'm enjoying it! The days are warm but not hot, and the sunshine on the mountains in the late afternoon is so pretty! It turns them a golden color.

Our trees here are mostly evergreen, so we don't have a lot of fall color. We do have a little though. My favorite is a bush with leaves that turn bright crimson red in the fall. We also have some small trees that have orange leaves, and they're just as pretty, although not as bright. I'll have to get out and take some pictures to show you what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. My fall so far has been quite rainy and cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Fall is still producing summer weather in the daytime, however, at night there is a light chill in the air. I love it! I haven't noticed any trees beginning to turn, but I have noticed quite a bit of leaves falling around my sidewalk and driveway. Fall is waking slowly this year.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin