Monday, September 18, 2006

Oh, My Goodness!

The service tonight was awesome! There were 65 pastors/missionaries/assistant pastors/evangelists there, some with wives and children and church members. The congregational singing brought tears to my eyes; with our small churches here, we haven't heard full, whole-hearted singing like that in a long time. We also sang the national anthem of Canada, which again brought tears to my eyes . . . "O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!" How very, very true! The world doesn't realize just how much we pray for their country and try to stand in the gap for her. That one phrase never fails to bring tears.

We heard two sermons tonight. The theme of the conference is "Endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ," so the messages so far have been about enduring for the Lord, being dedicated to the job He's given us to do. They were just what I needed to hear tonight, and I thank the Lord that I was able to go.

We met some other missionaries whom we've heard about but never gotten to meet. I believe we'll make some new friends this week! And of course we get to fellowship with our fellow workers here in the Vancouver area, which we enjoy so much but don't get to do very often. One thing I wanted to point out is that this is a nation-wide conference, yet we have well under 100 pastors here this week. Most people who read here are Americans, and being an American myself, I realize that many don't think of Canada as a mission field. They see this country as the same as America, just a little farther north. Not so! There are more than 65 IFB pastors in all of Canada, of course, but we've seen that many pastors show up at a regional meeting in Texas! Pray for the country of Canada. The laborers are so few, just as they are all over the world. And pray for us here to stay faithful and endure!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Susan. 65 IFB pastors for a nationwide conference......thank you for the reminder of all we take for granted here in the US.

    Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were blessed last night and that you were able to meet another missionary family.

    I believe Canada is a mission field. You're right, however, in saying that people here in America don't often think of Canada as a mission field. That's really sad. Unfortunately, America also, has become a mission field and this too has been overlooked. Some people only think a mission field is a poor third world country. But everytime we leave our front doors, no matter what country or continent in which we live, we are entering the mission field.

    We'll be praying for you and your family. I hope the devil gets a belly ache while you enjoy your services. ;)

    ~Krsiti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woops! My daughter was signed into blogger and didn't sign out. I didn't realize that until my comment was posted. LOL That was me above. LOL

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel6:57 PM

    Sis Susan...

    I am so glad that you are enjoying the meeting and your heart is being blessed and encouraged. God is so good....He never fails to give us exactly what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers just said you & your family & church etc. You're so right. We do tend to think of Canada as being almost like the US & never stopping to see how it needs to be reached.

    Sounds like you are having a good conference. Btw, some of you IFBS might be interested in this. Are ya'll familiar with Glen Browder the IFB preacher? Well he'll be preaching at our churches Family Life conference fall revival meeting (Hope I got the name of that right lol) in Nov. It's the week of Nov 8, I think & runs from that Sun thru Wed the 8th. He's a good one. He'll be putting up with us Presbyterians for a few days lol. ;) He'll say he's gonna say something that will step on our toes & we may not want him back. But we always have him back... :)

    Btw, the conference/revivial meeting is at Rivers Edge Bible Church on Rt 10 in Prince George County, VA...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin