Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Homegoing

I got the news last night from a close friend that Bro. Ron Gearis passed away around 7:30 last night. I just checked the Rock of Ages website, where there is funeral information. We sure will miss Bro. Gearis down here, and it's hard to understand how God works sometimes, but we rejoice greatly that he is with the Lord - and we'll meet him again someday! Continue to pray for Mrs. Gearis and their family.

I'm so sorry I've been MIA lately. With school starting back, I've been busier with just everyday things, and since I share a computer with my daughter and she uses her computer for school, I don't have as much computer time as I had over the summer. Wes and I are going to the US today for our monthly grocery run, so I thought I'd just pop in and say hello! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Bro. Gearis will be greatly missed, but just think of the welcome he received from his preacher-buddies! His imact on the lives and souls of so many was tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sad to hear about Brother Gearis. We'll be in prayer for the family.

    And don't worry about being MIA. I'm MIA with ya for the same reasons. :)

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I followed a link from another pw's blog and I wanted to let you know that I have created a new pw blogroll. I am just trying to get out the word a bit. If you are even remotely interested, stop by www.leagueofpastorswives.blogspot.com and check it out. I will be happy to send you the code if you leave the pertinant info. You can of course check out my blog if you want to know who I am too. I also am a (classical) homeschooler in Canada! I know what you mean about being crazy busy. I have been overwhelmed lately.
    :^)
    God bless!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this. I did not know he had passed. Our church has been praying for him for a while now. I will pass it on to our church so we can continue to pray for the family and the Rock of Ages Prison ministry at this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin