Friday, August 11, 2006

I Suppose I Should Write Something

I just don't have a lot to say this week! LOL Nothing newsworthy has happened, and life has just been plain old living, so I haven't been able to think of anything to post.

I guess I could tell you about my rings. Wes has always bought my good jewelry from Kay Jewelers. He bought my engagement ring there, and he has bought several other things over the 22 years since then, most notably an anniversary ring on our 18th anniversary. My diamond was under warranty, as long as I kept up with inspections and cleanings every six months - which I did not do. When he gave me my anniversary ring, I took my diamond in to see if I could get it back on warranty (which I had done once before, several years earlier). When they inspected it, I was shocked to find that my diamond had a small chip in it! The lady urged me not to wear it, as doing so might cause it to crack all the way across the diamond. So for four years, the ring has sat in my jewelry box, with its plain wedding band.

About a month ago, I took my anniversary ring in, along with a necklace that Wes got me for Christmas the same year, to be inspected (no letting the warranty lapse on this ring or the necklace!). The sales lady who inspected my jewelry was really chatty, so I mentioned my diamond to her. She seemed amazed that I wasn't able to get it fixed or back on the warranty (she must have misunderstood what I said about it), so she told me to bring it in when I picked up my necklace (it had a couple of loose stones), and she would look at it and tell me what I could do. So I did. She said it did indeed have a tiny (very tiny) chip in it, and so it can't be put back under warranty. But she encouraged me to wear it! It has great sentimental value to me, and the chip is really tiny, considering I had worn it constantly for 18 years. Since it isn't under warranty, I can't get it replaced for free; if it cracks or falls out, I'm just as much out of my diamond as I am now. So I might as well wear it for the time that I can.

So now I have an anniversary band AND my diamond and band. I've been wearing my wedding set, then the anniversary band, then the anniversary band on my left hand and my diamond on my right hand, and also my wedding set on my left hand and my anniversary band on my right hand - and I can't figure out which I want to wear! It's really not earth-shattering, but I love both! LOL

So see? I have nothing to write about!

4 comments:

  1. I can feel for ya with your ring cracking. My wedding ring broke in half with the diamond (a marquis one) attached to one half. That was so heartbreaking.

    It'd probably cost more than we can afford to get it fixed or get a new real one. So in one of the ladies plus size catalogs they had a nice marquis stone cubic zirconia ring that looks like a wedding ring & it was only $20 some $$$ I had a coupon for fsome much off. So I had hubby get it for me this yr for our 20th anniversary. It looks kinda like a wedding ring. Whether it is or not not I dunno but the price wsa right & it goes well with my wedding band that went with the diamond ring...

    It's this on here:

    http://www.roamans.com/roamans/product/product.asp?pf_id=66574&dept_id=1252&search_token=1

    I still keep my origional ring as a souvenir event hos it's broke in half. See you did have something to write about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOp's sorry about the typos. We're at our nieces house in Ohio & the internet is so slow here it's amking it hard to see my spelling errors lol. I just prayed for you & your family & ya'lls church & all the Christian lady bloggers on here. God Bles... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny we also bought our wedding set at Kay Jewlers, hey for the first several years of our marriage we were in deep dept to Kay!

    Sorry about your ring. The year we came to Croatia I lost the marquis diamond out of my wedding set when I was making biscuits for breakfast. I was so sick, I just couldn't stand it, but what do you do? I still have the setting the diamond was in, it still have 20 smaller diamonds in it, I keep trying to think what I should do with it, maybe earrings or a ring for my daughter. Oh maybe I could have it made into a promise ring for her daddy to give her.

    I'm kinda been in a blogging slump too. I had things to blog about but couldn't make my self sit down and blog it.

    Glad to see you back blogging again! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about you ring but you're right, wearing it is better!

    I know what you mean about blogging slumps....sometimes it feels as if I have nothing new to say. Just the same things over and over. (o:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin