Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Anniversary!!!!!


Happy Anniversary today to my husband's parents! Today is their 42nd anniversary. Wes's mom was saved as a girl, and his dad was saved in his mid-20's. Several years after he was saved, Dad was called to the mission field. He attended college at Tabernacle Baptist College in Greenville, SC, and from there began deputation to go to the country of Jamaica. They arrived in Jamaica in October of 1984, and they've been serving faithfully there ever since. They've planted three churches, and are preparing for another furlough early in 2007. Mom and Dad have 5 children (2 still single) and 7 grandchildren - Samuel, Andrew, Beth, Sydney, Ellie, Layne, and Thad. We're eagerly anticipating a visit from them sometime next year!

I have to tell you that I have the best in-laws in the world! They love me and my sisters-in-law like we were their own children, and have welcomed each of us, with our various personalities, strengths, and weaknesses, into their family with open arms. Dad teases us unmercifully - such as naming the various critters in their Jamaican home (like dogs and lizards) after us - and Mom imparts her wisdom born of 42 years of marriage. She is the one who taught me to make yummy pie crusts! My husband won't even touch a store-bought pie crust anymore! Thanks, Mom. I got Dad back for all the teasing once by making him a Kitty Litter Cake. The man wouldn't even touch the cake, much less eat it, but he still teases. Someday Holly, Doreen, and I will find the perfect gift for Dad. Until then, we'll patiently endure.

All teasing aside, Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin