Saturday, August 12, 2006

Four Things Meme

I've seen this all over the place, though I haven't been tagged for it. The last place I saw it was Tammy's Times, and she said to "consider yourself tagged" so I will!

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Industrial sewing machine operator
2. Flower delivery person
3. Flower shop helper
4. Homemaker

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. The Sound of Music
2. Anne of Green Gables
3. Sense and Sensibility
4. Sheffey

Four Places I have lived:
1. South Carolina
2. Rhode Island
3. South Dakota
4. Texas

Four things I like to do:
1. Read
2. Cross stitch
3. Read blogs
4. Take a nap

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Creede, CO (our favorite)
2. Mt. Nebo State Park, AR
We haven't taken very many vacations!

Four websites I visit daily (or almost daily):
1. My Yahoo
2. Bloglines
3. Craigslist
4. Vessels Unto Honour, Women at the Well (either/or)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Ice cream - any kind
2. Steak
3. Popcorn
4. Almonds

Four places I would like to be right now:
I am content where I am, but these places would be nice:
1. At my parents' in SC
2. At my in-laws' in Jamaica (or wherever they would happen to be)
3. Creede, CO
4. A cabin in the mountains

Four friends I think will respond:
I have no idea who's been tagged and who hasn't, so feel free to respond and let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Susan, I did my mimi on my August 8 post if you want to look at it.

    I think it's neat that you've delivered flowers. Bruce and I have helped in the past for Valentine's Day at my sister-in-law's shop and that was the BEST time. Seeing the surprised or embarassed looks were priceless. But the best part was giving flowers to someone and seeing that big smile come sweeping across their face. That was so much fun.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, I absolutely loved delivering flowers. It was on an Air Force base while Wes was in the AF, in SD, so I delivered a lot on base. It was fun to go in all the squadrons, except once when I almost drove into the place where they stored ammo, not realizing I had to have clearance. The guard pulled a gun on me! Valentine's Day was the biggest day of the year, and I made tons of money that day, because I was paid per delivery. I was always dog tired that day, but I had made a lot of money. At the next base, I worked in a shop, trying to learn to design arrangements. I stunk! LOL But I was a good office manager, so the manager was training me in that so she could concentrate on design work (she hated the business side of it), when I got pregnant with my second child and quit. I liked working in the shop, selling and handling the money, waiting on customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, I'm Jenny an IFB from South Dakota! I just saw that you lived here at one time! How cool! Our pastor is a missionary to SD and we are so thankful he came here to start a church! Where did you live??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my little blog, Jenny! We lived in Rapid City, where my husband was stationed at Ellsworth AFB. We lived there for 3 years, and I loved it! Feel free to e-mail me - I'd love to hear about your pastor and church. We used to know a couple who went to SD to start a church, but that was over 20 years ago, and we've lost touch. My e-mail addy is in my profile! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin