Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bits 'N Pieces

I've only posted this week when I've had news of Charity. This week is really moving by fast; last week did too. I just don't know where the time has gone. The verse that keeps coming to my mind is "redeeming the time . . . " because I really do need to use every minute wisely.

School starts Tuesday. We're using mainly SOS and Saxon Math again this year. I only have two students - for the first time ever. I homeschooled Samuel for his early years, then Andrew for kindergarten while Samuel was in school, then Andrew and Beth went to school with Samuel, and then we brought all three home when Beth was in first grade. This is our eighth consecutive year of homeschooling, after those first four years or so with Samuel and then Andrew. I've been doing this longer than it seems! The kids aren't really all that excited about school starting again, but I am! LOL I'm ready to be back into a regular routine, with the kids having plenty to do and the days having a purpose.

On Monday I was able to get a wooden potato bin from Freecycle! I have looked at these over the years, but it was never something that I just had to have, so I never bought one. This one is cute, very country-looking, and I just love it! Strange, I know, to love a potato bin. Here it is, sitting beside my microwave. Now, don't you think it's cute?! Those are stains on the floor that were here when we moved in!

Tater bin


Charity is doing a bit better today. Yesterday, the ventilator was only giving her about 10 breaths per minute and she was doing the rest on her own. They're hoping to take her completely off the ventilator today. The Lord has been supplying Jason and Deanna's needs, just like He always does, in totally unexpected ways. This is a hard time for them, but they are seeing God's hand in all of it.

Today I need to start getting school preparations finalized, the calendar planned, and computer subjects installed. We have church tonight, and I need to go grocery shopping sometime today. I've tried to change it to Wednesday, but I just haven't been able to get into that groove yet. I'm still so used to Wednesday being a church day that I can't get it in my mind that I can use that day to do errands!

4 comments:

  1. Susan, you will love your new (free!) potato bin. I have one that I use all the time and don't know what I did before I got it! The bottom section I use for both onions and garlic. The top left side is for sweet potatoes, and the right side is for baking potatoes.

    Re: school starting. Even though I don't have to plan for the school year anymore, I always think about those homeschool moms who are planning and getting ready for a new year. I hope all goes well next Tuesday for you and for your students. I'm sure they'll be excited once they start.

    It's good to hear that you are excited, too! That's a sharp contrast to the public school moms who are really excited that their kids are back in school!

    And please continue to keep us updated on Charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute potato bin. I love freecycle. I've gotten several nice things from off there. And I've had the opportunity to be a blessing to many as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that Charity is doing some better. We'll continue to pray for her. And thank you for keeping us updated on her.

    I love your bin. I got tickled when you pointed out the stains on the floor. That's something only a woman would worry about. LOL

    And my children feel the same way about school starting back. But I'm looking forward to it too and ready to get back into that routine.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that potato bin, it looks so nice and rustic.

    This freecycle thing sounds pretty neat, wonder if they have it in Croatia?????

    I doubt it, maybe in Texas! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin