Sunday, July 02, 2006

Summertime Picnic



Don't you just love this picture? I do! It has so much to remind me of the family gatherings of my childhood. That tea towel hanging on the left of the clothesline is just like one I have now that belonged to my grandmother. Watermelon! Our family always had a big, cold, juicy watermelon when we all got together. The picnic basket, the pies, the cooler . . . this just says "summer" to me!

I have this picture as my desktop background for this July 4th week. It's from Debbie Mumm. I visit her site quite often to see what's new, and here lately all of my backgrounds have come from there. After this week, I'm going to use the lighthouse at the top of the backgrounds page. My favorite so far has been Summer Showers, and I can't wait till fall to use Prairie Days. I love her work!

5 comments:

  1. This is a pretty picture. I have bookmarked the site you recommended. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture and the feeling it conveys. I love anything red, white and blue. I can get way with putting it everywhere in our home too, as the Croatian flag is also red, white and blue. We'll just let them think I'm celebrating their flag. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Blythe, if you like country, you'll like Debbie Mumm! She's my favorite.

    Tori, we limit our American stuff to upstairs. We haven't found a lot of anti-American sentiment among the people we've met, but at the same time, we want to adapt to Canadian culture as much as possible. So I leave out the blue! ;) Our neighbors say they love American patriotism, but I don't want to push it. We do have a huge wooden Texas flag that a friend made us, and we have a red, white and blue birdhouse that was given to us on deputation. I have those on our upstairs landing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that picture..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things Debbie Mumm! Neat background for your computer. Debbie Mumm is bookmarked on my favorites but sometimes I forget to go back and see what's new. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin