Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I Get Both Weeks

I get to work at camp both weeks this year. Junior Week starts next Monday, and I am the counsellor for the 8-year-old girls. It looks like I'm the only Mom counsellor, so I got the youngest girls so I can calm tears and demand baths! LOL

One of the traditions of camp is that each group decorates their cabin each day. Now, I don't have to do it, but I'd like to decorate at least one day. The only thing I can come up with is a Princess theme. Does anyone have any ideas for themes that would be simple to decorate with, put up and take down, carry in a suitcase, and suit 8-year-old girls? I'm very creatively challenged, and any and all ideas would be appreciated!

I got the fabric for Beth's skorts yesterday. I just need to wash it before I start on them. She chose a hot pink and an orange - she has way different tastes than I do! I may look through my fabric and see if there's any that I'd like to use for a skort or two for myself, if I have time to make them.

This week will most likely go fast. I'll pop in when I can. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Possible themes: jungle, western, farm, tropical...I'll keep thinking.

    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I can't think of anything offhand, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have a make up day (little girls that age like to play in make up so it would be cute to decorate with that), hair bow day (bows bows everywhere!), shoe day, Teddy Bear day, babydoll day, etc. A teddy bear day would definitely be my favorite. :) Sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some good ideas! Keep them coming, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh........such fun!

    Some ideas that come to mind are flowers, rainbows, and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulle!! (I like the princess theme.)

    It's lightweight and takes up little space and comes in great colors. You can hang it with thumbtacks, or in an emergency, wide masking tape.
    Also, anything with glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just reading a Shabby Chic book on party decorations and she did a ballerina theme (you could reuse some of the decorations from the princess theme, like the tulle and stuff)there were little party favor ballerinas she stuck every where and thrift shop ballet shoes..really sweet. She also did an artist theme with paints and little palettes..you could always do tea party theme too, but maybe with some plastic teacups. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin