Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!


This is my coun-try! Land of my birth!
This is my coun-try! Grand - est on earth!____
I pledge thee my al - le - giance, A-mer-i-ca,____the bold,
For this is my coun-try to have___ and to hold.___

What diff-'rence if I hail from North or South
Or from the East or West?____
My heart is filled with love for all of these.__
I on-ly know I swell with pride and deep within my breast
I thrill to see Old Glo-ry paint the breeze.

With hand up-on heart I thank the Lord For this my na-tive land,
For all I love is here with-in her gates.__
My sould is root-ed deep-ly in the soil on which I stand,
For these are mine own U-nit-ed States.

This is my coun-try! Land of my choice!_______
This is my coun-try! Hear my proud voice!_____
I pledge thee my al - le - giance, A-mer-i-ca,____the bold,
For this is my coun-try! To have and to hold.______

~~ Words by Don Raye, Music by Al Jacobs ~~


Image courtesy of 4to40.com E-greetings

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a great day Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!
    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin