Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Very Quick Mother's Day Greeting

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms! Today is filled with thoughts of my both my mother who has gone on to Heaven and my mother who is here now, and also with thoughts on being a mother to our three blessings the Lord has given us.

I've been going through all the pictures of our children, preparing the display for Samuel's graduation, and I find myself marvelling at the miracle of being their mother. There was a time, early in our marriage, when I wanted children so badly, but it appeared that we might not have them. How thrilled and amazed I was to hold our first little baby! I was actually quite surprised that I had actually become a mother - I had given birth and lived to tell about it! ;) The next two came within four years of the first, and before I knew it, I had three busy little toddlers. They grew much faster than I imagined they would when they were all three so little. Now they are taller than I am. I've heard my mother-in-law say how unreal it seems to her that this big man I'm married to was once her little baby boy. I'm beginning to feel the same way. I'm putting together these pictures of Samuel as a little boy, and then I look at him now . . . and he has whiskers! LOL How did that happen?!

Today I remember my mothers and rejoice in my children. Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Susan! And, yes, time flies faster than we'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, Sis. Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel Susan. I can't believe my tiny little 5 pound baby is now 20 years old!! How time flies. Being a mom is such an honor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be busy working on that graduation! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin