Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Surprise!

I'm able to get on our church's computer for a few minutes, so I thought I'd say hello! We had a good flight(s) yesterday, or at least I enjoyed them. Wes and Andrew almost tossed their cookies coming into Denver; there was a bit of turbulence and their tummies were unhappy with that. We got into Ft. Worth a little after 3 PM, and one of the ladies from church was there with the church van to pick us up. We've seen many of our old friends and met a few new ones who have begun coming to church here since we left. Today, our pastor took the school kids to CiCi's Pizza to celebrate the end of school, and invited us to go along. There we saw several people we knew too! We lived here for 11 years, and in this part of town, we can almost count on seeing someone we used to know. Kids have sure grown a lot, let me tell you!

Samuel is having a great time! The juniors and seniors went out to eat with our pastor and his wife last night. He got to hang around with old friends and catch up a bit on their lives.

Can anybody say HOT????? Of course we knew how hot it is here, but my goodness! We are spoiled, for sure. I am enjoying the sunshine, though. We were going to stay in the mission house, but there is a retired couple in the church who have gone to Alaska to visit their children and grandchildren for the summer, and they have left their house for any missionaries to stay in during the summer. So we're staying there. Rhonda, I haven't seen Bro. Joe yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to tell him hello for you.

I also made a mistake about where Graham, TX is - it's 2 hours away, not 45 minutes! But it's not near Wichita Falls. Someone had asked about that (sorry I can't remember at the moment who that was). We'll be leaving in a couple of hours to go there for church. Since we just had pizza, we won't need to cook supper.

Enough rambling . . . I hope you're all having a good week. We are so thrilled to be here, but we sure do miss our folks in North Van (and the cooler temps too!). I'll hop back online when I can.

10 comments:

  1. Susan! Glad to hear from you! I've been missing you! I sent out your little package today, so hopefully it will arrive at the church before you leave! (It's nothing big, just a little something.) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!!! Wow, what a surprise. I had just finished reading all the updated Bloglines, but I thought I'd hit refresh just in case any new ones popped up while I had been reading. And lo and behold, By Grace was highlighted!! Great to hear from you. I know TX is just as far away from VA as Canada is...but somehow you seem closer just by being in the states!

    Continue to have fun, get re-acquainted with friends, and eat pizza. Sounds like a neat vacation to me! (Sorry about the heat though; we still have some cool temps here. Feels excellent.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it okay. Later today we go off on our annual 2 weeks trips to Nags Head, NC with my folks. I'll have my moms Windows XP laptop to use so I'll be keeping up with stuff online while we're gone. Prayers just said for ya'll. Have a good trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you!!!! I know that the change in weather can send you reeling!!!! Glad to hear that you are having a good time with your friends and loved ones!
    BTW, now's the time to pig out on BBQ!!!!!! I'll bet you don't get good BBQ in Vancouver.

    We're looking forward to having you back.
    In Christ,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you made it to Texas safely. I know what you mean about hot!! It has been plain hot here that is for sure. We're seeing summer temps instead of spring. It is 88* now and it is 6:05pm. The only time it is cool is in the darkest hour of the night. Once the sun comes up the temp is on the rise again. Thank the Lord for air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:33 PM

    My name is Sherri and I live in Mission, BC. I've been searching and searching online for anyone who can maybe answer some questions for me. I really don't know where to look online for christian women who believe the same as I do. I see that this 'blog' thing may be the place, but I have no idea how to use it or where to start. I'd love any help (or fellowship) you could give me. The Lord has been really working in my life with regards to modesty, submission & balance - I guess those are the issues I'd like to talk about (for now anyways). Thanks so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri6:34 PM

    Oops. This is Sherri again. I guess I should leave my email address. It is: sherrispencer@shaw.ca

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, I have thought the same way...she just feels closer lol

    Susan, that was such a nice surprise. Glad to hear you're having a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, out of habit I checked your blog knowing that it wouldn't be updated. How glad I was to see I was wrong. :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful time. I'm sure you are. It's alwasy good to see old friends and to make new ones.

    Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realize this post was 6 days old!! OOPS!! Sorry for being such a late commenter!! :)
    Glad you're having fun in TX!! *sigh* Maybe I'll get to visit there someday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin