I've been tagged by Courtney to tell 14 things about my mom, since Mother's Day is on the 14th. I thought I'd go ahead and do this now, so I won't forget about it! These will be 14 things about my stepmom, Patty, who has been my mom for a little over 24 years now.
1. She was born and raised in Greenville, SC.
2. She knew my dad in high school, but they each went their separate ways for the next 20 years or so.
3. She was a widowed single mom of 2 for 10 years.
4. She has 5 children now, including me.
5. She has 13 grandchildren so far, with another due in August.
6. She is very allergic to cats.
7. She has a soft, ready laugh.
8. She has a knack for getting into "situations" which turn out to be hilariously funny (the stories we could tell! LOL).
9. She loves living in the country, having chickens and goats, and eating (really) fresh chicken and drinking (really) fresh goat milk. All things that have not passed on to me, I'm afraid!
10. She loves to sing, and she can play the piano by ear.
11. She likes to shop and find good deals.
12. She makes delicious chicken fried steak - or deer!
13. She loves to talk to little kids, just to see what they'll say - and she can get them to say some pretty funny stuff!
14. She is a faithful wife to my dad, which means a lot to me.