Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Birthday, Wes!

Happy Birthday to my dear, sweet husband! His birthday is tomorrow. Since we'll be flying (kinda hard to take a cake and presents on a plane!), we celebrated his birthday as a family Saturday night. He requested cubed steak and gravy (otherwise known as chicken-fried steak), homemade biscuits, and a Poke Cake - white cake, poke holes in it, pour jello over, chill, and top with whipped cream - it's one of his favorites. The kids and I have been saving our money since Christmas to give him an aquarium for his office. We'll probably pick it up in Washington on our way home next week. Yesterday, our church family celebrated his birthday. Today is a government holiday in Canada, so our rec centre was closed after 3 PM. For our evening service, we met at the park, played, and had a short devotion. Our church folks gave him some money and brought an ice cream cake, and the children's Sunday school class gave him offering plates for the church. We've been taking up money in little wicker baskets!

I don't have the words to tell you what my husband means to me. He is a man of incredible character; I don't know another man with his strength of character. He is a faithful man.He is a loyal follower, yet a strong, bold leader. He has served as a faithful assistant pastor, and now as a pastor, he cares deeply for the people he serves and carefully and prayerfully leads them, living Paul's admonition to "follow me, as I follow Christ." He has very healthy, though occasionally goofy, sense of humor. He can make me laugh when I'm mad, and that's really doing something! Just the sound of his voice can still make my tummy flip-flop! He sings beautifully, too. Best of all for me, he loves me above all others and treats me like a queen. That right there shows the kind of man he is, to love unconditionally through good times and bad. He's my rock, my best friend, my partner in life, and my first and only love. Everyone else just missed out! ;)

Happy 41st birthday, Sweetheart! I love you with all my heart!

3 comments:

  1. Well, get this, my birthday is tomorrow too! Who'd thought? Hope your hubby has a happy one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your hubby, Sis Susan. Hope he had a great one. I'm know you made sure that he did.

    Be careful flying and don't let your arms get tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bD & many more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin