Saturday, April 22, 2006

What's Happening?

I've been surfing around the blogosphere this week and found several things that might be of interest to you, and I've also discovered a few blogs in the past couple of weeks that I wanted to share with you.

First, some happenings among the bloggers I read regularly. My friend Tammy is doing a week of modest dresses, which is something I always enjoy following. Mrs. Wilt at The Sparrow's Nest did the same thing a couple of weeks ago; look in her sidebar under Week in Dresses. Both of these ladies are beautiful! Courtney has been posting some excellent articles on Courtship, being a Keeper at Home, and Knowing Our Spiritual Gifts. She has these archived in her sidebar to make finding them easy. Courtney is a young single woman still living at home with her family, being a blessing to her parents and younger siblings - you'll be blessed by her sweet spirit!

Mrs. Wilt is also hosting a contest for Thrift Store Find of the Year! The prize is a package of three handkerchiefs, one of which will be personally embroidered by Mrs. Wilt. I'm looking forward to reading about all the good finds out there.

Our missionary friends Stacey and Grace Shiflett have returned to South Africa from their short furlough. Grace is my best friend Deborah's baby sister. Ruth, their last sister still at home, recently got married - congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Steven Weaver! You can see pictures of the wedding and the rest of the Shifletts' furlough pictures here. I'm always blessed by reading their journal and looking at the pictures of their work and family.

I've gotten the stitching bug here lately, and I've found a couple of stitching blogs that I like. Groggy Froggy is a Christian lady who loves cross stitch, and Sew Chic is a Christian mom and daughter who sew and blog together. You'll love the daughter's wedding dress, which she made herself. Another sewing blog I'm enjoying (and learning a lot from, too) is Julia's Sewing Blog. She gives clear, step-by-step instructions on the projects she's working on.

And finally, a few blogs I've just discovered and want to recommend to you. Thimble Thoughts is the journal of an independent Baptist wife and mom who seems like an old friend already. Missionary Mom is the blog of a missionary wife and mother in Lanco, Chile that I just ran across this week. Janet's Journal records the daily life of a Christian mother who is remaining a keeper at home although she is now a single mom. Last, but not least, is an online friend of mine, Tami, who has recently re-started her blog. She's an independent Baptist pastor's wife in Bismarck, ND, whom I've grown to love. Her blog is worth the read!

I don't sit and read blogs all the time, should you be wondering. I use Bloglines, which notifies me when any blogs I subscribe to have been updated. I get to read a variety of blogs without having to actually log in to each one to see if anything's new - great time-saver!

8 comments:

  1. I am always reading some of these ladies blogs..They have been such and encouragment to me..Yours is also encouraging..I have been truely blessed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use bloglines too! Otherwise, I could never keep up! Thanks for all the links to blogs! I'll be looking them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a surprise to find me in your post!! :) Thanks for all the sweet things you had to say. :) I enjoy your blog too!
    On another note, I found out today that my sidebar links that I just added were not working, but I think I got them fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind to mention my blog in your post. Thank you. I need to do the bloglines thing. I find myself stopping as I am supposed to be walking pastthe computer just to see if my favorites (like you) have updated. I'll look into bloglines. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am a 40-somethingish Christian homeschooling mom (7 children) and I'm glad I found your blog. Thanks for mentioning my daughter's and my blog (sewchic)on your site! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the links to the blogs Susan! I am so happy to see so many IFB bloggers out there.

    I didn't know about bloglines either, I'll have to give it a try.

    Blessings,

    ~Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis Susan, Thank you for saying I was like an old friend to you. That was such a sweet compliment. I appreciate the kind words and also that you think enough about Thimble Thoughts to tell others about it. You're so sweet!
    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surfed in from finding you had linked to me at Technorati. I'm glad you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin