Wednesday, April 19, 2006

On His Way

Our older son, Samuel, will graduate high school in May. Two of his friends here will graduate in June (schools here go till June), and all three of these boys plan to attend West Coast Baptist College in Lancaster, CA. Samuel and Jon Marc will wait a year and go in the fall of 2007, and the third boy, Phil, will go this fall. These three boys, two girls, and Greater Vancouver Baptist Church's youth director and his wife will leave on a trip after church tonight to spend the weekend at WCBC.

All of them are excited to be going down WCBC. Samuel has been preparing for several weeks, and we know all the plans for every minute of the trip! LOL They're flying from Seattle tomorrow morning. Friday and Monday will be spent in classes at the college (the kids are all staying in the dorms); Saturday is a trip to Six Flags near Los Angeles; Sunday will find them working on the bus routes of Lancaster Baptist Church and attending the morning and evening services; and Tuesday will be spent sightseeing in and around Los Angeles before flying back to Seattle that afternoon. He'll be full of fun things to tell me when he gets home Tuesday night! I'm glad he has this opportunity, but I will be awfully glad to have all my chickies back in my nest next week!

7 comments:

  1. Susan, He will do great at the College..I wish it was done being built when I was in college in San Diego..I am sure praying for him and You..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love to hear Paul Chappell preach. I know they'll have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been enjoying your blogs Mrs. Susan. I will be praying about the college deal. I can't imagine what that will be like one day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH and I forgot to tell you....I love each and every one of those movies you recommend! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((((Susan))))) Wow! Has it been a whole year already??? They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You answered Candy wwith much wisdom.
    More tommorrow,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww it's wonderful and awful to watch them step out on their own. Mostly wonderful, though. :)

    I'm so happy that you found a stitching shop and you got a great deal on those books! I am currently stitching on linen for the first time. It is a bit different but after a while you don't have to think as hard. The feeling of the linen in the hand is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin