Monday, April 17, 2006

A Nice Day After All

Monday evening . . . I like Mondays! The busyness of the weekend is past, and we can relax a little before picking up the activity in the middle of the week and heading on to Sunday. I've been making Mondays kind of a day off for the past couple of weeks, and I've enjoyed it.

We woke up to rain this morning (what's new?), but by mid-afternoon, the sky was blue with big puffy clouds, and the sun was shining brightly. I think we got up around 50 degrees today, maybe a little more. I never appreciated sunny days till spending a rainy winter in Vancouver! LOL Now I revel in sunny days, even if it's only partly sunny or only sunny for a few hours. Tomorrow and Wednesday are supposed to be cloudy (but no rain), Thursday is scheduled to be rainy, but . . . Friday and the weekend are supposed to be beautiful! Praise the Lord!

I found a little needlework shop in downtown Vancouver. When I say "little" I'm serious about that! It's just a tiny little place, and it's mostly a knitting store, but they have a few cross stitch things. I found a box on the floor filled with cross stitch pamphlets and leaflets, the sign on the front of the box proclaiming that all books inside it were only 50 cents! So I went through that box and found 8 books/leaflets that I liked, and only paid $4.00 for all of them. The stickers on them averaged around $5.00 each, so that was a good deal! I was very thankful that the Lord allowed me to find them. One of them was a beginning book for working on linen, which I've never tried. I love the look of cross stitch on linen. This booklet has small projects and detailed instructions, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

We had quite a bit of ham left over yesterday, but after having it for supper last night and lunch today, it's gone - except for the big meaty pieces I saved Saturday night and the big meaty bone. They are in the freezer for later. We also had some cake left over, but we ate some today and turned the kids loose on it, and it's gone too. Whew! Thank goodness that's over! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Cross stitch on linen sounds LOVELY! Alas, I love seeing cross stitch, but DOING it makes me cross. I hate following someone else's pattern, lol! Really, I'm just too impatient and lack the character and virtue to do it but I admire those who do!

    I'll have to keep my eye open for cross stitch on linen!

    Sounds like a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I'm with you on liking Mondays. Do you remember that old (secular) song about Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down? Well, long ago I changed the words to that song, and I always sing it as "Rainy Days and Mondays always pick me up...." And that's true as long as I don't have to go out in it. I like staying inside on rainy days with the lights on and that cozy Monday rainy day feeling.

    Of course, if I had the opportunity to be in Vancouver with you going shopping at little x-stitch stores and finding bargains...then rainy days and Mondays would pick me up even being outside in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Sorry to "cross-blog", but when I tried to open your other blog today, all that came up was the wallpaper. Thought you'd want to know. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dell, I'm so glad to see you here! It's funny how different crafts and hobbies appeal to each of us. My grandmother used to say the same thing you do about cross stitch - it would drive her bonkers to sit there and make little x's. But she sewed and gardened and cooked like a pro!

    Deb, you come on up here and we'll find some little shops to go to - even in the rain!

    Anonymous - I clicked on my other blog and everything seemed fine. I don't know what could be causing the problem for you. Maybe try again in a bit and see if it's working then? Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin