Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My Adventure Today

Yes, I had another adventure today. I seem to have them quite often. Just call me Lucy.

Actually it wasn't so much an adventure as it was just not thinking on my part. Wes had a doctor's appointment scheduled at the same time as Beth's piano lesson. Normally he takes her to her lessons, so that I can stay home. But today he needed me to go so I could shuttle back and forth between them. Well, we dropped Beth off at Greater Vancouver Baptist Church for her lesson, then I drove him to his appointment. We got there early, and I told him they'd probably take him right on in since he was so early, but neither of us was sure they would, so I dropped him at the corner and drove on. I had 30 minutes to kill before I had to pick up Beth, so I decided to run into the mall right next to the doctor's office. I had my cell phone with me, so Wes could call me if he got finished before 11:30, when I had to pick up Beth.

I wasn't sure where the craft store was in the mall, so I spent about 15 minutes trying to follow the little map they had (it's a HUGE mall). When I finally got to the store - on the uppermost level and opposite end of the mall from where I came in, of course - I found the store closed down and another one being moved in! So I backtracked all the way back down, and of course, stopped in a couple of stores along the way, just for a second. I got back to the car at 11:25, and Wes hadn't called yet. Perfect! Back to the church to pick up Beth at 11:30, then back over to the doctor's office to get Wes, and everybody's happy.

When I got to the church, Beth's piano teacher immediately informs me that Wes had called the church looking for me. That's funny; I had my cell phone - why did he call the church? I pulled the phone out of my purse, and it's dead. This is not the first time this has happened. How'd you already know that? Then the piano teacher's husband, the assistant pastor, walks out and says, "You probably ought to call your husband - he just called again." Oh, my goodness! Wes and I make it a point to stay in touch with each other, and here I've gone off on a rabbit trail and he's been trying to get in touch with me.

The story was that he had gotten finished in just a few minutes and had been trying to call me. My phone being dead and my not being at the church for over 30 minutes after I'd left him kind of worried him - the church was at the most 10 minutes away. I felt so bad! But it's just like me for something like this to happen! The funny part is that the whole time he'd tried to call me, I was just a block away at the mall! He forgave me (he's way past the 70 times 7 that Jesus told Peter to forgive, I'm sure), and all is well. He was just worried. I was having fun, though! LOL Well, until I found out he'd been trying to call and couldn't get in touch with me. Then I was in a hurry.

2 comments:

  1. How funny! That sounds like something I would do. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my Lucy moments too, trust me. AND! I'm a redhead. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin