Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's Official

Wes has entered his annual "old lady" phase. Every April 13th, he officially becomes the husband of an older woman. Me. I am six weeks older than he is, and he has lots of fun with that. You'd think I was 6 years older! It's all in fun, of course, and I tease him that he has to obey his elders. I really crack the whip around here! ;) He brought me some flowers on Tuesday and today he gave me a gift card to Canadian Tire. Now, don't laugh. Despite its name, Canadian Tire is not just a tire store. It's a full-fledged department store, and they sell things for the home as well as automotive supplies, including gardening supplies. I like to try my hand at growing a few flowers each spring and summer, so he got me a gift card for Canadian Tire so I can buy myself some new flowers and containers. This is perfect! I have my money and I can plan and shop to my heart's content!

I changed my profile from "40-year-old" to "40-something". Samuel said 40-something will last me longer than 40-ish. I guess he's right.

8 comments:

  1. ***HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!***

    I hope your day is lovely. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Susan!!! I picked up from another comment that you had an April birthday, but I didn't know when it was coming.

    (I have something for you that I meant to get in the mail last week...hoping I'd be in time for whenever it was. Oh well. So be watching your mail for a belated birthday wish.) :)

    Have a great day! By the way, 6 weeks is nothing compared to 4 1/2 years!!! I'm older than my husband, too! But that's one thing we don't joke about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    April is a WONDERFUL time to be born!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel12:07 PM

    Happy Birthday, Sis Susan! I have enjoyed "getting to know you" through your blog. I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Sis Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! This was a cute post. I enjoyed reading it. I'm thirty-four and when someone asks how old I am I say 18 with 16 years experience.
    Have fun shopping at Canadian Tire. Sounds like the kind of store I'd shop at.
    Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,

    I just thought I'd let you know that I linked to you in my sidebar today. (o:

    Blessings,
    ~Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding a place that BOTH hubby and wife will love to shop in is RARE!! Way to go Wes!! Anyhow...birthday blessings and if ya feel weird about 40, always tell yourself "EILEEN IS WAY, WAY OLDER!!" (BY 3 1/2 years!). Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!! I hope you had a lovely one...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin