Thursday, April 13, 2006

It Was a Good Day

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes! Deb, I'll keep an eye out for an envelope from you! I turned 41 today. I simply can NOT believe that I am 41 years old. When I was younger, I used to think that 41 was old, and that surely the Lord would return before I ever got this old. Ha! Here I am, and I'm happy to be here. And it's not nearly as old as I once thought it was. I've told my parents before that I don't feel as old as I thought they were at my age! ;)

I told you about the gift card from Wes this morning. I received a sweet card from my parents and brother and sister still at home. I talked to my other brother on the phone this afternoon, and my other sister (the one in Mexico) IM'd me late this afternoon, too. So I heard from all of my family today, which was a blessing.

We have our mid-week service on Thursday now, so after church tonight Wes took us all to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream. Yes, I am diabetic . . . but Baskin-Robbins sells really good no-sugar-added ice cream! LOL I go there once in a great while to have a one-dip cone. Ice cream is my very favorite sweet, so I appreciate that I can have a little bit every now and then, and that my honey knows how much I love it and offered to take me to get some! Oh, and he said he'll take me out for dinner tomorrow night! How sweet is that?!

If you've read much of my blog, you know how much I love new beginnings. I'm so grateful to the Lord for allowing another year of life, and today I renewed my commitment to Him to try to do my best for His glory. I know I'll come far short of that (I know me on the inside, you know!), but I also know that I have a faithful and merciful Father who will not leave me nor forsake me; His mercies are new every morning. So I pick up and move into another year - thanks for sharing it with me!

3 comments:

  1. SUSAN...I AM SO SORRY TO BOTHER YOU. I GOT A 'WEIRD' COMMENT FOR A POST I MADE TODAY FROM WWW.ATKINSRETAIL.COM STATING IF I "WANT OTHERS TO VIEW AND LEAVE COMMENTS ON MY BLOG, I SHOULD GET OVER AND DO THE SAME FOR THEIRS'. MY POSTS HAVE BEEN COMING UP BLANK IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. I HAVE NO FEAR. I ADDRESSED ATKINS IN A POST PUBLICLY. STILL.....THIS NEEDS PRAYER. PLEASE POST BACK HERE AND LET ME KNOW. I POSTED THE SAME REQUEST AT MRS. WILT'S. I want to keep this calm. But the message felt like blackmail. God be praised!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I was being spammed and never in my wildest dreams would I have known if not for a good friend getting back to me and 'opening' my eyes. Praise God. Sorry for the panic attack. Blessed Easter! I'm sure you and your family are BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!! God's peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Good Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin