Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Weekend

Another busy weekend in North Vancouver! Today I've been cooking a bit in preparation for a potluck dinner tomorrow. Our people seem to love eating together, so we try to have a dinner of some sort every 2-3 months or so. Easter seemed like the perfect time to have a dinner. I'm taking a ham and some scalloped potatoes, and a total of 3 desserts. We have to do the southern thing, you know! I'm taking banana pudding again, along with a chocolate sheet cake and a diabetic carrot cake. I tried the carrot cake last week. It has no sugar and uses whole wheat flour. We didn't really like it much, but one of the ladies in our church does not eat sugar at all, and I promised her I'd bring this cake for her to try tomorrow. So I'm making it again; maybe it'll taste better to me this time. Wes tried to get a piece of chocolate cake out of me this evening, but I persevered - the cake is still uncut!

I got my hair cut today. Every time I go to get it cut, I vow and declare that I will come home with a new, updated hairstyle. I always come home, though, with basically the same one I went in with. The same one I've had for too many years to count. No matter what I tell them to do, it comes out the same! LOL I've got to learn the terminology for the updated hair styles so I can tell them exactly what I'd like to try. I also need to learn what would look good on me, but I go to the chain salons that churn out the haircuts as fast as they can. I'd like to get a stylist who would take the time to help me try a new style. Anyway . . . it looks better because it's not hanging in my eyes anymore.

I haven't had time to stitch much since Wednesday, and it doesn't look like I'll have time tonight either. I was going to make my aprons the other day and found out I needed bias tape, so I had to put that off for another day, probably Monday. Wes did take me out last night, but we just went for a coffee and a walk on the pier. We've kind of been sampling all the local coffee houses, and last night's was the best we've tried so far. It was right next door to a Starbuck's, but they were doing a booming business in spite of that. It was two blocks north of the harbor, and the pier was lighted, with rocks and driftwood all around - very nice - but it was COLD out there! Wes said his mocha was the best one he's ever had. My coffee was good. All I can ever get is coffee, because the specialty drinks in those places always have added sugar. But I do enjoy my coffees! And the time with Wes is nice too! ;)

Enough of my rambling! I wish each of you a Happy Easter as you celebrate our Lord's resurrection!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you, too, Susan. Enjoy your potluck with your church family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy your meal..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter!
    You said you walked on a pier, was it over the ocean or a lake or something??

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I got my hair cut today. Every time I go to get it cut, I vow and declare that I will come home with a new, updated hairstyle. I always come home, though, with basically the same one I went in with. The same one I've had for too many years to count. No matter what I tell them to do, it comes out the same! LOL I've got to learn the terminology for the updated hair styles so I can tell them exactly what I'd like to try."

    Susan, whenever I want to make a change in my hair style, I try and bring in a picture. When trying to describe a hairstyle to someone it's hard for us to both visualize it in the same way....like they say, a picture is worth a 1,000 words! LOL (o:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin