Friday, April 21, 2006

Back to the Pier . . .

Tonight Wes and I headed back to Delaney's and the Dundarave Pier. We got there in time to watch the sunset. It was neat to watch the mist rise on the horizon as the sun set behind the mountains. Then we turned around and walked along the seawall for almost a mile before we turned back. It was a beautiful evening, a bit nippy, but the clouds were cleared away enough for a sunset.

Walking this evening gave me the motivation to get out and start walking again. Hopefully the rain has stopped enough for the spring and summer that it will be pleasant to walk again. I tried walking every day, even in the rain, but it was miserable, especially when it was cold too. I need to find several different routes to walk too, as I got bored with the same path each day. We live near Lynn Canyon, so I think I'm going to find a path over to the Canyon and walk that some. During the summer, the rec centre hosts a series of walks in various areas around the North Shore, and all of us would enjoy taking a hike every now and then. The hard part is getting started!

I have some blessings I want to share with you, but I need to have some pictures to do it, and I haven't taken them yet. I hope to do that tomorrow. The Lord has been so generous to me this week!

6 comments:

  1. The pictures of the Pier and Lynn Canyon were nice. Lynn Canyon looks so peceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I read of your blog, the more I wish you were a neighbor. :) I'm hoping the rain clears up here this morning in time for me to start walking again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa...but I want Susan for MY neighbor! :)

    Susan, I checked out Lynn Canyon. Wow! Have you ever walked across that suspension bridge?! That is amazingly frightening being up that high. Pretty area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, y'all - no fights! Why don't you just both move to North Vancouver?!! That would settle the whole problem! LOL

    Deb, I have tried to cross that bridge, but I simply cannot cross it. I got about a quarter of the way across and started to panic - gasping breaths, heart racing, wanting to scream. I had to run back, and I was almost in tears by the time I got back on solid ground! There's a whole world of hiking trails on the other side that I guess I'll just never get to. There's another suspension bridge here in North Van that is even higher and longer. There's a restaurant on the other side of it that I'd love to go to, but I can't cross that bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dates sound so nice! I love to just walk. Lake Michigan is about 1/2 hour from us, so we go there in the warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Susan and Deb :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin