Friday, March 03, 2006

We Know Not What a Day May Bring Forth

This morning as I was spending a little time online, I happened across a homeschooling blog that I don't normally read - no particular reason; I just don't make it over there very often. The entry for today was about a homeschooling mother that this blogger had read behind and enjoyed, and she quoted something that the homeschooling mom had said back in December about taking time to enjoy her family, making sweet memories with them. It was thought-provoking, yes; I hadn't paid attention to the beginning of the post, though. It was the paragraph after the quote that caught my attention:
For those of you who do not know, Missey passed away this week from complications after a c-section for their fifth child, Melissa Kate. She blogged the morning she died..
I felt my face blanch as I read her description of what had happened as this young mother went into the hospital for an emergency c-section, and had never awakened from the surgery. For some reason, this touched me deeply today. I normally have a very soft heart and cry easily over things like this, but this one has me literally weeping today for this family. What was to have been one of the happiest days of their lives went tragically wrong. Five young children have lost their mother, with no warning, and a husband has lost his life's partner in an instant. Please pray for this family. All I know is that their names are Tom and Missey, and that this was their fifth baby. I'm sure her husband and children will need many, many prayers in the coming days.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Wow! That made me cry. It also made me think about each moment I have with my children and what kind of memories they would have if I was suddenly called home. I'm Hannah, by the way. I've been reading your blog for the last few days. I really enjoy it! I live in Alaska with my dear hubby and our four children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this..how sad sad sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Missey, that is so, so sad. :-(

    I saw her blog last night and left my condolences.

    Love,

    Jennelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin