Friday, March 17, 2006

Things Went Bonkers Around Here

Last night I was looking at my template for this blog and decided it looked messy. Every time I make changes in my sidebar, it's more of a trial-and-error process than an exact science, and after a while, I couldn't tell a lot about how my template was really supposed to look. So I re-installed my original template after saving the old one to a Word document (I didn't want to have to re-enter all those links I had!). When I went to republish my blog, however, I kept getting an error message. I thought it didn't change anything after all. Then today I checked on my stats and the counter was saying less than 20 people had been to my blog today! Talk about feeling lonely! LOL Then I took a good look and saw that my blog had republished, apparently after Blogger got all their bugs out last night, and there were no links, stat counter, or any other customization here anymore. Everything's back now, and looking better to me, since I can see behind the scenes.

Nothing much happened at our house today. Wes offered to do the grocery shopping for me, which I gladly let him do. I hate grocery shopping! We did a big shop at the beginning of the month, and each week we just go and get the fresh things we need. It only takes about 30 minutes now, and I like it much better. After supper Wes took me over to Horseshoe Bay and we got a coffee at the little coffee shop in the village (Wes actually got a mocha this time, and yep, I took a sip of it!). It was a nice little time out. I enjoy our dates. Even though we're together almost 24/7, we're each busy doing our things, just like we would be if he went out to a job, and we can still lose touch with each other. Amazing, isn't it? So our dates give us a chance to reconnect.

The kids have had spring break this week. It was nice to get away from school work for a few days. The boys had friends over on Monday, and Beth had a friend over yesterday. Samuel played a round of golf with some friends yesterday too. I've enjoyed the break, but I'm ready to get back to the regular routine. We're on the last leg of this school year; graduation is only a couple months away!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:53 AM

    Hi. I have a new blog, too! I can relate to 'watching the comments' section. God just loves you and I am sure that, like myself, many get blessed here, even if a comment isn't left. God's peace to you....Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:57 AM

    Susan, I check your blogs most every day. I'm struggling to FLY, too. Anyway, something is wrong on the other blog. When I tried to click on the "White Chili" it gave me an error message "Stack overflow at line: 54" whatever that means! Then I tried your links, and the same thing happened. That may be why it looks like no one has dropped by. Linda (I'm not a blogger, so I can't leave any identity.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m reading Susan! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, don't worry it isn't just you. I tried changing stuff my template and also posting something. All I got was all these error messages. I actually thought I had made a mistake on my template so I changed it back and got the say error message. The next day I was able to change everything.

    Also to Linda: instead of clicking "anonymous" you can click "other" and just put your name in the "name" section. That is what my dad does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies! Linda, my other blog is indeed having some sort of issue today. Thanks for the heads up on it. My son is trying to help me figure out what's going on. This blog is fine, so I don't know what the deal is over there - same browser, same blog service.

    I've had a good bit of trouble with Blogger the past couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,
    Just wanted to say thank you for signing my guestbook at my house tour website! I've added a few more pictures.

    www.freewebs.com/annewithane65

    God bless,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to let anonymous know that you don't have to have a blog to sign up with blogger. I didn't have a blog for several months while being signed up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin