Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cross Stitch Progress

I spent 2 weeks on Wes's eagle. I just took some time most evenings to stitch a little, and I got in about 10 hours of stitching. I didn't keep to-the-minute records, but I did write down the approximate amount of time I stitched each night. The least amount of time I spent was half an hour, and the most was almost 2 hours. Here's the progress I made:



It's more than I realized before I saw the two next to each other! I wish I could get the pics right beside each other. Haven't figured that out yet.

Now I'm working on "Sweet Treat," featuring hummingbirds hovering around some blossoms. This one is a counted cross-stitch kit. It's handy to have all the thread already cut, but it's aggravating to keep it all organized. I started on this one while we were on deputation, but didn't get much accomplished on it. Last night I had to figure out the colors again - those greens are just a shade or two apart - so I didn't get very far. It's easier to stitch than the eagle, but I messed up somewhere when I first started it, and I'm going to have to go back and take out some stitches. So this one may take longer than I expected too.



While we're talking crafts, here's another link for a blue jean quilt.

7 comments:

  1. Susan, (the eagles came up on bloglines side by side). Good job on getting so much done! I finally found the pattern I was looking for--birdhouses with birds flitting around with the verse..."it is good for brethren to dwell together in unity." I'll have to get back to it and post it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see it when you get going on it, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hummingbird (?I think it was hummingbirds? How silly I can't remember) picture. I do alot of cross-stitch too. When I make a mistake I try to work around it if at all possible I HATE RIPPING OUT! I too have several projects going at one time, "cause I get bored" :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are soooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful eagles. Congratulations on a job well done!

    Bliss in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri (Nana Cannon)11:13 AM

    Susan, I did that same hummingbird project two years ago. It came out really neat and I gave it as a gift to a friend.
    --Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin