Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Good Day

We had some visitors today! A group from Evergreen Baptist Church in Bellingham, WA came up with their pastor to go soulwinning with us. It was so nice to have more than just our family along, and each of us had a partner. We usually just split up into 2 or 3 groups as a family. We spent an hour out knocking doors, inviting people to church. We covered about 9 blocks total, I think. The sun was shining beautifully today - is this Vancouver in February? - so many people weren't home, but we met quite a few outside washing cars and doing yard work. Wes has also been in touch with several of the people who visited last Sunday, some of which say they'll be back tomorrow morning. Let's hope they're not expecting balloons and a special group singing again this week! We're also still praying for those we met on visitation 2 weeks ago.

I'll be back in my Sunday school class tomorrow. We're starting the second set of lessons in a series on the life of Christ. This set is about His miracles. It'll be fun to go through these lessons with the kids!

I've been consciously paying attention to my diet the past 3 weeks, as has Wes, and we've each lost weight! He has lost more than I have (isn't that the way it always is?!), but I have lost 5 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm 5 pounds away from the lightest I've been in 18 years! Before we found that we were expecting Samuel, who is 17, I was losing weight. When I found out I was pregnant, I quit losing (of course), and no matter how much I wanted to lose in the years since, I haven't lost much. When I was diagnosed with diabetes 6 years ago, I weighed the most I ever have other than during pregnancy. I've lost 20 pounds since then, but that's not exactly a record, 20 pounds in 6 years! LOL So, I'm at least losing, even though it's slow. I've always heard it's better to lose slowly, to keep it off, but personally, I'd rather see it pour off! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin