Sunday, January 29, 2006

Today is Beth's Birthday!!!


Well, it's official: I now have three teenagers in the house! Beth turned 13 today. We had her party Friday night, then today she had her favorite dinner and the cake of her choice (she chose Red Velvet Cake). I took her shopping Thursday for her birthday, and several of her friends gave her gifts, too. Tonight she talked to her Grandmama and Papa on the phone. Her birthday just keeps going, and going, and going . . .

Beth is our "baby girl" - we only have one girl, and she's the baby. She's had various names over the years, from Bitty Girl, to Beffers, to Bess, to Beef . . . she just takes it all in stride. Beth has her Daddy's personality, mostly quiet, even-tempered, and content in most situations. She's very confident and sure (not like her Mama at all). Her two loves in life are babies and puppies. She thinks pugs are the cutest thing going! She's not real girly, as in wearing ruffles and lace and stuff like that, but she's not a tomboy either. She's a joy to be around and a big help to me - my right arm!

Beth was saved last year. She has such a way with children that she says she wants lots of children of her own someday (that suits me!). Beth, Daddy and I love you and are very proud of you - Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Beth! Sounds like your birthday has for sure kept on going and going and going! I'm sure it's been fun! My daughter, Sarah, seems a lot like you--she loves babies and wants lots. In fact, she's come up with a long list of names she likes already! And she loves doggies.

    Susan, I know what you mean about your daughter being your right arm! I have two who help me more than a little! And I love and need it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    My sister Bethany LOVES babies! She wants to have a bunch of kids when she grows up and she even talks of having a orphanage to take care of children . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Beth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel10:23 AM

    Happy Birthday, Beth! I've enjoyed reading about your family on your Momma's blog, and I'm sure that you are a big help to her just as my girls are to me. That is a blessing!
    (Courtney's Momma)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin